• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

York, your 02 is waiting...

Anyone have a source for the breather thingie on the top back of the valve cover? Thanks, Dave V. in NC

Why not run the valve cover breather to the air filter like.... Can't figure out for the life of me why he didn't use the cool factory hose on the factory air cleaner for the valve cover breather... That silly breather filter just looks like a shortcut.

Tom Jones

BMW mechanic for over 25 years, BMWCCA since 1984
66 BMW16oo stored, 67 1600-2 lifelong project, 2 more 67-8 1600s, 86 528e 5sp 585k, 91 318i
Mom&Dad's, 65 1800TiSA, 70 2800, 72 2002Tii 2760007 orig owners, 15 Z4 N20

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Anonymous

Tom,

It seems as if you know the seller well? I read your comments on BAT, and it seems that you should have contacted him personally, and show him the Error of his ways, Your Highness, instead of being the Resident Expert. This board used to be a Family atmosphere, now it is just bunch of Reality TV wanna-be's. Why dont you put up photos of all your cars, and let's compare then to the 1970 BMW on BAT.

If it is becoming such a reality show why don't you post with your real name instead of hiding behind a mask? At least I don't wear a mask when I stand on the soap box. I'm not the only one to point out faults with the car. It was posted on a public forum for sale and that's what people do there, discuss points they like and do not like about cars, and related stories they may have.

Compared to many of the other posts here and on Bring a Trailer regarding that car mine have been rather kind.

If you really want to be angry at me for speaking my mind than do so without hiding behind the mask a false name.

Here is an example of an '02 I have worked on...

http://sandiegobmw.wordpress.com/2011/02/27/bmw-of-the-week-not-just-any-old-2002/

Tom Jones

66 BMW16oo stored, 67 1600-2 lifelong project, 2 more 67-8 1600s, 86 528e 5sp 585k, 91 318i

Anyone have a source for the breather thingie on the top back of the valve cover? Thanks, Dave V. in NC

as tom said, stock hose routing better. if you don't like the stock routing, run a hose to a catch bottle.

those breather thingies are available at any chain autoparts store. the ricers love'em.

however, they are useless. if you toddle around town at under 2k rpm, you can probably get away with using one. if you play hard, oil will spew out of the filter and cover your engine, trans and under the car. btdt.

2xM3

Guest Anonymous

What I posted was simple, but as usual, the so-called 02 Gennie, dances around the real subject. I suggested that you contact the seller since you have done business, or bought cool parts as you say! Again, working for Casey Motorsports must be great, you know, working on all the cars you wished you owned. I said, let's compare the 1970 2002 on BAT to your cars (you have quiet a list there), not some 2002 Turbo you are Busting Knuckles on! We all know that you work for Sean, and he gets the Glory, and you're no more than a Shop Mutt that get the crumbs that fall off his plate. Is that your two-toned car above? Let's do a side by side of that one vs. the one on BAT, then let the usuals Pile On!

If your points were truly valid you would not be hiding behind your high horse of anonymity! Since you continue to hide behind a mask, I choose to ignore you. It takes two to tango, and I don't dance with anonymous partners. :b.....

Here is my personal '67 1600-2 that I am currently deep in the throws of restoration. Pick it clean or tear it a new one anytime you like, as long as you don't hide behind a silly mask. :b....

http://www.bmw2002faq.com/component/option,com_forum/Itemid,57/page,viewtopic/t,327232/highlight,granada/

http://s121.photobucket.com/albums/o236/tjones02_bucket/My%20Red/

Tom Jones

Geez - I thought we were trying to get Gary (York) interested in this one? The thread has taken a nasty turn..

We haven't even had CD's take on this one yet.

Anyone else going to look at or buy this one? Paul / Nick and other TX FAQ'rs: Aren't you looking for another driver??

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

What I posted was simple, but as usual, the so-called 02 Gennie, dances around the real subject. I suggested that you contact the seller since you have done business, or bought cool parts as you say! Again, working for Casey Motorsports must be great, you know, working on all the cars you wished you owned. I said, let's compare the 1970 2002 on BAT to your cars (you have quiet a list there), not some 2002 Turbo you are Busting Knuckles on! We all know that you work for Sean, and he gets the Glory, and you're no more than a Shop Mutt that get the crumbs that fall off his plate. Is that your two-toned car above? Let's do a side by side of that one vs. the one on BAT, then let the usuals Pile On!

It seems you are fairly new to the faq--unless you just chose to hide for some reason. I know tom needs no defending at all on here as he has alot of friends and he knows his stuff. I do have a question for you--would you ever give PPI's or even well versed enough to do a PPI on a car? Tom has helped numerous buyers with PPI's and has helped me. I believe he drove over two hours to look at a car for me prior to bringing it out here to Hawaii. I guess thats what shop mutts do. I find it funny you question him and his knowledge. He pointed out issues that were not correct on the car--thats not him sitting on his royal higness chair--thats him just telling potential buys whats not correct for that model year. Most people build a car to their own liking. Some might want OEM stock, some want OEM Plus, and then some like custom.

Im sure others could chime on on Tom but who knows if they will--in my eyes he doenst need defending as his reputation should be enough.

just my .02.

1974tii #2780713

1987 325ic

2010 Audi A3 TDI

Guest Anonymous

Are you kidding me? You said that you are "deep in the throws of a restoration". The only throws that should be taking place, is Throwing that POS off of a Cliff. Now I truly understand, you make negative comments on other's work, then get your posse to pile on. And they certainly came running to your defense, like a Tom Jones Ass-Kissing Convention! You should never make a comment again about anyones Car, (Negative or Positive), if that POS 67 1600 is your best offering. The price is metal is good right now, save/make your self some dough by taking it ACROSS THE SCALE. You should get Top Dollar, because that is Primo Scrap Metal...

Guest Anonymous

Oh, you want Stand-Up? Afterall is'nt that what this Board is all about now? Tommie... Come out and Play... I am going to Bust your Chops until I'm satisfied. I am going to Split your Cheeks everyday as if you were walking Downtown Frisco with Daisy Dukes on! What's really your Title at Casey Motorsports? One of your Groupies mentioned PPI, or is that Text-Talk for Gopher? Q: What is the difference between Tom Jones(Entertainer)vs.Tom Jones(02 Guru)? A: One loves the Girls, the other is a Girl....Wait for it. Oh, and that 67 1600 POS, I think it was in the Mad Max Movie as a Stunt Car, or so it seems! That thing has more Dents/Wrinkles than an Empty Beer Can. I mean come on... someone voted it Car of the Month, someone really owed you one, Wink, Wink. He should say that POS is a customer's car! I like the way you posted someone else's 2002 Turbo, is that the one you sit in and daydream when Sean steps out of the shop? And he has the balls to say pick that(67 1600 POS) apart, there nothing tangible on it, I've seen better 02's at the Junkyard. I am willing to bet that there is no way in Hell that Sean is allowing you to restore that POS in his shop! I will have more good sh*t tomorrow, let me sleep on this, LOL!!!