Sign in to follow this  
GaryAlfaGiulia

York, your 02 is waiting...

50 posts / 6074 viewsLast Reply

York,

Here is your Chaminox over blue roundie that's ready to show:

http://bringatrailer.com/2011/06/20/seller-submission-1970-bmw-2002/

NM/NA

It's pre-71, but for wisely overlooking that minor point you get the cleaner look without the body side moldings, all chrome bumpers, no side reflectors, vintage gauges, and the rarity of an early example. You could probably look for years and not find anything this close to what you have said you are looking for.

That's Edgar's car here in DFW. I sent it to York and he responded here that it was rusty junk and that I should have known better than to waste his time (in so many words). I even offered to help him arrange an independent inspection.

But I digress.

Edgar's car is very nice looking with lots of neat details. The paint, as he says, isn't flawless, but it does show well. It's one of the nicest '02s I've ever seen.

Someone on BAT pointed out that the kidney grille is on upside down... prob a dealbreaker for york.

It has the wrong seats and there's some paint wear above the rear left half shaft, these are serious problems...I am obviously joking.

That car looks 'Pebble Beach' quality in the pictures with a little cleaning.

Maybe the actual Beach and not the event. This car is a driving flaw. Look at the underside of that thing--its filfthy, and the bracket for the diff mount is disgusting. I cant believe people even try to sell items in this condition.

Maybe the actual Beach and not the event. This car is a driving flaw. Look at the underside of that thing--its filfthy, and the bracket for the diff mount is disgusting. I cant believe people even try to sell items in this condition.

well post up some pics of yours then

Paul - I think he was trying to be funny.

I was trying to be funny--I'd love that car--looks super clean but not up to YORKS standards. Like others have said, he doesnt seem to want the help or criticizes any cars brought to his attention. If he really has no limit why not contact moble tradition and have them make him one.

I was trying to be funny--I'd love that car--looks super clean but not up to YORKS standards. Like others have said, he doesnt seem to want the help or criticizes any cars brought to his attention. If he really has no limit why not contact moble tradition and have them make him one.

I wasn't joking, that IS 'Pebble Beach' quality. Buff and wax the undercarriage floor pan so you can see your reflection...as is, that is THE cleanest 2002 all way around period.

I wasn't joking, that IS 'Pebble Beach' quality. Buff and wax the undercarriage floor pan so you can see your reflection...as is, that is THE cleanest 2002 all way around period.

I'm sure it is--i was attempting to be funny but it wasnt caught. Oh well