• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Tip For Those Seeking 205/60-13 Tires

Many thanks for the tip. Couldn't have came at a better time either. I was about to buy a set of 14's which consequently are still lacking in tire sizes these days.

Ordered my from Charlotte NC and received them the next day in Atlanta.

After reading several reviews online I was a little worried about the traction issues on these but so far so good as far as I'm concerned. I've been riding them as heavy as possible around the streets here and the back end is solid.

Very slight rub on the back end(with rolled fenders and the full family on board). When I say slight I mean slight, there's not a mark on the tire from it and the sound of it rubbing could only just be heard by my son in the back seat.

Over all I couldn't be happier. Many thanks for heads up on this one.

FAQ at it's finest once again

Steven

Steven,

Glad everything worked out. Much like you, I think these tires are the real deal and wanted others to know. Congratulations on your purchase. If the BMW guys keep it up, the Legend Series might have to import more tires for their race cars this season.

post-17759-1366764239312_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I have 13"x6" Boranni wheels (produced in 1979) and will need to check the off-set stamp next time that I go to my workshop. My fenders where already rolled before I purchased the car. There is very little room between the tire and front suspension components, but no rubbing.

The tires looked huge next to the car before I mounted them and I never expected them to work without modification, but they did.

Thanks bro, I picked up a set from the local Legends tire supplier. The tires are at the shop for install onto my Enkei 92's as we speak. I can't wait to get them on the car!

1971 BMW 1600 (2.2 stroker)

2007 BMW 335i

2016 BMW 535i

Ok, here are the mounted pix. I'm running low offset Enkei's (ET15). A PO already rolled my fenders so I didn't do anything. Car has been dropped only 1/2" so that's the other reason this works for me. No fender rubbing and obviously with the low offset, tie rod and struts are not an issue.

The tires are a dream compared to the crappy skinny dorals. Better yet, the tire/wheel combo weighs only 18lbs per corner. I'm happy with the set-up. Thanks for posting the idea.

I still have the TX plate out front.

5892204075_b40a6b7a39_b.jpg

1971 BMW 1600 (2.2 stroker)

2007 BMW 335i

2016 BMW 535i

• 1 year later...
Like many, I have been seeking a new set of quality 205/60-13 summer performance radials for my 13"x6" Borrani wheels. A friend of mine provided a tip that this was the same size required for his Legend race car as part of the INEX U.S. Legend Cars racing series.

After some research, I found that Federal 595 205/60R13 tires could only be purchased in the U.S. through an authorized Legend Cars dealer. Went on eBay and found one advertising the offical Legend race car asphalt tires and made the purchase.

They were mounted today and I could not be happier.

Are those Borranis ET30? Just bought a set, haven´t got them yet but I´m curious how it will fit..

Never mind! Just saw your post in the Borrani/Alpina/CMR-thread..

Ola Gustafson
Sweden
-------------------
1975 Taiga Euro 2002 3685483 - Weber 38/38 DGMS - Pertronix Ignitor - H&R Cup Kit - TEP headers and Simons 2" sport exhaust - 3.91 LSD.

• 2 years later...