• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Quick Question Re. Bay Area Swap and Show

BillyWayne

Really looking forward to the show in May. This will be my first time attending, so I have a quick question. Does everyone coming in an '02 usually register, show, etc? While *I'm* certainly enamored of my car, I'd hesitate to call it a showpiece (give it time ;).

Thanks!

I wish it was one weekend later or I would try and drive down from Seattle, I cant get down there that weekend. And I got a lot of parts to swap :P

-Nathan
'76 2002 in Malaga (110k Original, 2nd Owner, sat for 20 years and now a toy)
'86 Chevy K20 (6.2 Turbo Diesel build) & '46 Chevy 2 Ton Dump Truck
'74 Suzuki TS185, '68 BSA A65 Lightning (garage find), '74 BMW R90S US Spec #2

I'd have to say one of the best things about the Bay Area Swap and Show was always that it doesn't matter the condition of the cars in attendance - each was looked over just as carefully as the next by all who attended.

I personally love looking at the range of condition of cars, the battle worn survivor right next to the garage queen - it all adds to the fun.

Just being there with your car is the most important part.

~Jason

1973 2002tii (2764167), Baikal, sunroof, A/C, 5spd OD, 3.91 LSD, etc. Rebuild blog here!

In the past: Verona H&B 1973 2002tii (2762913); Malaga 1975 2002; White 1975 2002

--> Blog: Repro tii cold start relay;   --> If you need an Alpina A4 tuning manual, PM me!

Register to show.

Park with all the 02's and meet some great people that share the same enthusiasm for these great cars.

All 02's have something to show and a story to tell.

Oh, and the al pastor tacos/burritos are good too!

Proud member #113

The rides!

www.cardomain.com/ride/792851

www.cardomain.com/ride/792793

Hey I'm flying there for the first time too, very excited to meet all you guys and take a look at all the 02's and those tacos burritos sound good.

Shame I can't take my own 2002 there but as it is right now it won't even drive off the driveway!

I'm no longer affiliated with Maximillian Importing Company in any way, please address any questions directly to them.  -Thanks.

2002 "tii" coupe 1970
E21 320/6 2.7 Stroker 1981
E23 730 1978

I usually take pride that I have not stopped long enough to wash my car and park it right next to the garage queens on display. One year we even left all the coffee cups, water bottles, and candy wrappers floating around the interior.

Don't get me wrong. I do have cans of Meguiar's wax in my garage...although I wax my bicycles more than my cars.

Bring your car. Be proud that it runs. Represent.

BTW: I have seen cars in poor shape that were displayed. Secretly, parts would be donated to those cars during the day.

Steve J

72 tii / 83 320is / 88 M3 / 08 MCS R55 / 12 MC R56

& too many bikes

BTW: I have seen cars in poor shape that were displayed. Secretly, parts would be donated to those cars during the day.

That's s great gesture! It speaks highly of the 2002 community.

I'm no longer affiliated with Maximillian Importing Company in any way, please address any questions directly to them.  -Thanks.

2002 "tii" coupe 1970
E23 730 1978

Granted, they were not new parts donated.

But consider the pretty used hood seal that you would toss out on your concours restoration that could be a perfect replacement for the poor guy that has no seal on his hood.

Maybe a used rear view mirror for the visually challenged.

I've also been known to put things out at a swap meet with a price of '1 beer'.

Steve J

72 tii / 83 320is / 88 M3 / 08 MCS R55 / 12 MC R56

& too many bikes

I've also been kown to put things out at a swap meet with a price of '1 beer'.

I better pick up a 12-pack before I get to the show this year...

Hahhaah was thinking about the exact same thing! No I know how to get prepared.

2002 "tii" coupe 1970
E23 730 1978