• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Check out all the doubters on my wax method...

robspeed

No matter how you polish it, it's still a Hyundai.

Andrew Wilson
Vern- 1973 2002tii, https://www.bmw2002faq.com/blogs/blog/304-andrew-wilsons-vern-restoration/ 
Veronika- 1968 1600 Cabriolet, Athena- 1973 3.0 CSi,  Rodney- 1988 M5, The M3- 1997 M3,

The Unicorn- 2007 X3, Julia- 2007 Z4 Coupe, Ophelia- 2014 X3, Herman- 1914 KisselKar 4-40

Yes, but the Mythbusters proved you can polish a tur...er...Hyundai.

behehehe... its not bad for what it is

(mom-car was a gift) paid $19949 out the door including tinted windows, floor mats, and 5/60 free services at dealership. has 198hp, manual transmission, bluetooth, usb input, power everything, heated mirrors, etc. i drive it like a cop car. ok, well, a stolen cop car ;)

Yes, but the Mythbusters proved you can polish a tur...er...Hyundai.

behehehe... its not bad for what it is

(mom-car was a gift) paid $19949 out the door including tinted windows, floor mats, and 5/60 free services at dealership. has 198hp, manual transmission, bluetooth, usb input, power everything, heated mirrors, etc. i drive it like a cop car. ok, well, a stolen cop car ;)

In 1973 a 2002tii was $5,233 (approx.) that's the same as $26,338 today, with fewer features. For a winter car, a polished Hyundai is more economical, 'specially if it's a gift.

I'd drive it fast too, to get out of it quicker, that is meant as a joke, y'know.

Andrew Wilson
Vern- 1973 2002tii, https://www.bmw2002faq.com/blogs/blog/304-andrew-wilsons-vern-restoration/ 
Veronika- 1968 1600 Cabriolet, Athena- 1973 3.0 CSi,  Rodney- 1988 M5, The M3- 1997 M3,

The Unicorn- 2007 X3, Julia- 2007 Z4 Coupe, Ophelia- 2014 X3, Herman- 1914 KisselKar 4-40

They have Hyundai forums? Who knew?

That's what I was going to say. I will say that Hyundai is making some decent cars today, and if I were new car shopping they would be high on my list.

I like it for what it is. about +25hp over the competition, about 200lbs less than them due to use of high-strength steel, lots of std features even on my base model, and ~$2-5k lower in price. The 274hp turbo (which you cannot get with a mantrans, unfortunately) is about 24k in the "SE" trim.