• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recaro replacement knobs on the cheap

pkbinplano

The recaros I bought were missing two of the recline knobs. While browsing the junk yards last weekend I saw the recline knobs in a VW Fox, or Rabbit. Got them ( pocket treasure) . The knobs are real close to Recaro knobs. Close enough for me. Actually better made. The opening in the steel cup is the same shape as the recaros but smaller. Opened it up with a dremmel. Some spacers and Bobs your uncle. Price ? Free. Flame on !!!!!

post-558-1366763934959_thumb.jpg

post-558-13667639351685_thumb.jpg

post-558-13667639353723_thumb.jpg

Guest Anonymous
The recaros I bought were missing two of the recline knobs. While browsing the junk yards last weekend I saw the recline knobs in a VW Fox, or Rabbit. Got them ( pocket treasure) . The knobs are real close to Recaro knobs. Close enough for me. Actually better made. The opening in the steel cup is the same shape as the recaros but smaller. Opened it up with a dremmel. Some spacers and Bobs your uncle. Price ? Free. Flame on !!!!!

I'll give you credit for your ingenuity, but you can't really be serious about taking things without paying for them. You don't take things from Walmart without paying for them, do you?

Guest Anonymous

I'll give you credit for your ingenuity, but you can't really be serious about taking things without paying for them. You don't take things from Walmart without paying for them, do you?

Man the hate just abounds on FAQ. The wrecking yards down here do not care if you pick up small things like this. They never charge for them. Thats what he means by pocket treasures. Boy a lot of folks that have voted themselves as righteous.

I'm not as dumb as I look

74 Verona

06 Audi A3

09 Mercedes C300

06 VW Passat

03 VW Conv Beetle

Man the hate just abounds on FAQ. The wrecking yards down here do not care if you pick up small things like this. They never charge for them. Thats what he means by pocket treasures. Boy a lot of folks that have voted themselves as righteous.

agree, I always thought it was kind of an unwritten rule, you pay your $2 entry fee to cover the small stuff. I may be laissez-faire and naive, but I don't think of it as grand theft.

FAQ Member # 91

As a teenager, I visited the local yards hoping to score some minor part for my VW (shift knob, taillight lens, etc) without having to pay for it. One yard started inspecting the tool boxes folks would bring in to ensure no parts were being stolen.

The yards were strict, but it made you honest about using their business. Saying that, the small parts were always very cheap to buy when you made the effort to pull them yourself.

Salvage yards are getting more scarce around here. The older ones you do find have mostly American vehicles and no foreign cars. I really miss rummaging around the old yards and envy those here who can do so.

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

Hmm, i thought anything that fit in your pockets (or socks) was included in the entry fee. Does this mean i'm goin' to hell? Confessions of a relay thief... Oh, the knobs look great, and thanks for sharing! See you in hell.

bob

71 2002

85 M635

89 327is

98 M3

Guest Anonymous

Your ignorance is astounding. Ever hear of something called "moral turpitude?" Are you in a business that demands trust and honesty? Do you really need to pass a course in ethics to understand that getting away with something is not justification for doing so?

Unwritten rule? You invite someone into your house or office, does that mean you don't mind them taking things off of your desk or in your drawers? You don't mind if someone enters your garage and permanently removes a wrench or screwdriver?

Your assumptions that retailers encourage you not to pay for small parts is silly. You know for a fact that retailers don't charge for small parts? Can you really speak for all the retailers? Most large vendors are obliged to offer the public the convenience of a toilet. That is not the same thing as providing free toilet paper rolls. The analogy is ridiculous.