• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1971 BMW 1600 w/MM 2.2-liter

malagalaga

My car - up for sale. Last sale fell through - high bidder "wasn't interested." Let me know if you have any comments/questions. This car is a rocket - and a bit of a sleeper. Selling in my quest for something very original.

Yes, the offer still stands for a free sixer of local beer (pick something from Rahr Brewing) or Dublin Dr. Pepper in the trunk if the winner mentions the FAQ. :-)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1971-BMW-1600-BMW-2002-w-Metric-Mechanic-155-hp-motor-/110652350821?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item19c364e165

1973 BMW 2002 Sahara

Guest Anonymous

this is a nice piece, will a little tlc, this car would be extremely nice, i think its a shame tho "imo" i don't care for these auctions, just lookin at your car, i'd say its worth $4-$5k, of anyones money, maybe just put a price on it, and find a home, theses cars seem to be selling better than ever lately.

My car - up for sale. Last sale fell through - high bidder "wasn't interested." Let me know if you have any comments/questions. This car is a rocket - and a bit of a sleeper. Selling in my quest for something very original.

Yes, the offer still stands for a free sixer of local beer (pick something from Rahr Brewing) or Dublin Dr. Pepper in the trunk if the winner mentions the FAQ. :-)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1971-BMW-1600-BMW-2002-w-Metric-Mechanic-155-hp-motor-/110652350821?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item19c364e165

I was watching your previous auction because A) your car looks great (it's one template for what I'd like to do with MY 1600), and B) because I was dreaming that I could bid on it without my wife killing me! It sucks that the auction was a dud, but that guy is a jerk because he was stealing the car at the final price IMHO and didn't even want it! Anyway, GLWS and good luck in the search for a replacement!

The BMW 1600 US VIN 1570998 was manufactured on March 9th, 1970 and delivered on March 16th, 1970 to the BMW importer Hoffman Motors Corp. in New York City. The original colour was Riviera, paint code 036.

What happened ? You weren't going to sell it at 2600?

What are you asking?

TIA

Kevin

Hey Kevin - the last bid was well above 2600 (4900 I think - seemed low to me and to everyone else I talked to). I'd like to get as much as possible, but I'll let the market determine the final price once it hits my reasonable reserve (which isn't much more than the 4900 it "sold" for last time).

jc - thanks for the kind words. Let me know if you're interested in it - happy to answer questions/etc.

Everyone else - if you're interested in buyer feedback for me, just ask Kevin above! He's driving my pretty old Malaga car! I just can't seem to find the "perfect" one for me. I should have kept that one...

1973 BMW 2002 Sahara

Since I'm the seller, I can see who the bidders are - it's interesting to see that all 10 bids so far are from different people than the last go-around. I wonder if that means the others are waiting to get their bids in later? I've had lots of questions, some from the same bidders as the last time.

I also wonder if those massive winter storms slowed bidding on the last go-around. Everyone was out shoveling?

Sort of an interesting study into auction dynamics!

1973 BMW 2002 Sahara

Not to nit pick but what's up with the headlights one Cibie H4 and the other just a sealed beam?

Tom Jones

BMW mechanic for over 25 years, BMWCCA since 1984
66 BMW16oo stored, 67 1600-2 lifelong project, 2 more 67-8 1600s, 86 528e 5sp 585k, 91 318i
Mom&Dad's, 65 1800TiSA, 70 2800, 72 2002Tii 2760007 orig owners, 15 Z4 N20

THATS TRUE

I HAVE had Andrew's malaga 1600 (nearly complete stock) since 2009.

Andrew's reputation is impeccable. Move the car is not a problem I live in Connecticut Andrew in Texas.

Quite honestly I would buy your car Andrew but I don't have enough garage space and my Wife would kick my ass....

let me know how it works out and I will keep my eye on it!

70' 1600 Malaga

75' 2002 polaris 91-95

2000 328i 95k

2003 GMC Envoy-stolen and replaced

2010 GMC ACADIA

1996 Dodge Ram 1500 247k

SiteNamecopy.jpg

The headlamps - it was like that when I got it. Easy fix to match them. They work well enough, but I've only driven the car a handful of times at night.

The mirrors - I haven't been able to locate a correct trapezoid passenger mirror. I still have the driver's side black mirror, which I can include if the winner is interested.

And thanks for the kind words again, Kevin. (no, I'm not paying him off!)

1973 BMW 2002 Sahara

from BMW Classic (MT)--or at least they were two years ago. Steve (Blunt) can tell you for sure.

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

from BMW Classic (MT)--or at least they were two years ago. Steve (Blunt) can tell you for sure.

mike

Yeah, I know they are still around - kinda pricey through BMW or Blunt. The driver's one was picked up used, but it's in great shape. I bought new seals for it. The mirrors were just sort of a "when I find them" kind of project. Used, they are $50-60 each typically.

1973 BMW 2002 Sahara

Winner is backing out. This is the second one in a row.

I really need to sell this car. Will take $6000 for it if anyone is interested. It is a fantastic driver, especially with that motor. Certainly not a show car, but very solid and complete and not at all rusty. Crawl under this car and you will see it is rock solid.

If you are seeking a canyon carver that can also be a great daily driver, this is your BMW! Email me above, I would love to chat about it. I know it very well and I like to think I'm an honest, fair guy.

1973 BMW 2002 Sahara