• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

BayArea 02 Swap & Show Swap>> now 21 May 2011<&

Announcing the 11th annual BayArea 02 Swap & Show

Change!>>> Change!>>> Change!>>> Change!>>> Change!>>> Change!

BayArea 02 Swap and Show is changed to 21 May for 2011! After listening to comments about conflicts with Bimmerfest in Pasadena and the flow of potential participants we decided to push back our date to allow more attandance for all. While we still anticipate keeping our algorithm for scheduling in the future (the Saturday following Mother’s Day), the more opportunities we have to show off our cars the better.

This year's event is on now on 21 May (the 2nd Saturday following Mother's Day). As the last few years it will be at the Brisbane Marina just South of Candlestick Point and we will be located on the grass.

We are just starting the plans and logistics, so you can not yet register on MotorsportReg.Com, but so far the Swap & Show looks just like last year (the 10th anniversary).

Talking about plans, we have a planning session scheduled for noon at Steelhead Brewery in Burlingame [http] on 19 February. This doesn't need to be limited to the organizers of past Swap & Shows, new blood is always welcome. If you think you have something to contribute (talent, ideas, muscle...) please step forward. RSVPs aren't necessary but are welcome. If you are an organizer and can't make it please let me know so we don't hold up the meeting waiting for you.

Watch for details as they fall into place. For discussion, volunteers or RSVP send messages to Paul (pgommelATgmailDOTcom) or Larry (martiayersATattDOTnet). And certainly, Plan to Participate!

post-18303-13667637833894_thumb.jpg

Larry Ayers

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

’73 Malaga— first car, now gone

'74tii Malaga

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Omar and Matt--

We changed the date to eliminate the 14 May conflict. I hope to see both of you in Brisbane!

Larry Ayers

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

'74tii Malaga

Well, crap...just when I thought I could go. You put it right back on my granddaughters birthday again. Maybe next year she will have her birthday party the weekend before..Love you guys, but she is worth it.

CIMG6386.jpg

Steve

Sm2o.jpg

1974 Inka 1802 Touring, New Daily Driver

1976 Inka 2002 Original Owner (adopted by Scott B.)

My Roundies are bigger than yours

Well, crap...just when I thought I could go. You put it right back on my granddaughters birthday again. Maybe next year she will have her birthday party the weekend before..Love you guys, but she is worth it.

CIMG6386.jpg

that's right! for the last 5 years (bbq was 2006) you missed it - I remember that is the same weekend we have a big wine event in Hollister too, and the show was my way out...

FAQ Member # 91

• 2 weeks later...

If I can make some money to pay for gas I may come down from WA, this would be cool!!

-Nathan
'76 2002 in Malaga (110k Original, 2nd Owner, sat for 20 years and now a toy)
'86 Chevy K20 (6.2 Turbo Diesel build) & '46 Chevy 2 Ton Dump Truck
'74 Suzuki TS185, '68 BSA A65 Lightning (garage find), '74 BMW R90S US Spec #2

• 5 weeks later...

Registration is now open for Swap & Show 11!

Or go to MotorsportReg.com and look for the 21 May "Bay Area 02 Swap & Show 11".

We have also arranged special rates with a nearby hotel, the Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco Airport North. When you register you will see a link to the hotel and negotiated rate page, if you are interested.

Remember, if you register online the fee is $25; if you wait until 21 May you will pay $35. In any case, registration will close at 10:00 AM on 21 May.

See you there!

Larry

Larry Ayers

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

'74tii Malaga

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
What's the address for the show?

400 Sierra Pt. Pkwy.

Brisbane, CA 94005

It is at the north end of the marina.

Proud member #113

The rides!

www.cardomain.com/ride/792851

www.cardomain.com/ride/792793

What's the address for the show?

CJ is correct, it is near the Northeast corner of the marina, at the end of Sierra Point Parkway.

The BayArea 02 home page has a link to an aerial photo [http], look for the green arrow. From US-101 follow the off ramps posted Sierra Point Parkway. Northbound it is just past Oyster Point (North of SFO Airport), while Southbound it is the exit after Candlestick Point (even if that exit appears to go to the marsh).

Larry Ayers

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

'74tii Malaga