• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Smoking something strange in Florida... 73 tii

Greg72tii

This tii looks kind of like my car.

Love that tan leather interior.

Missing the plastic strut caps and I'm not too crazy about the black painted grills.

Nice shaved rear marker lights and reflectors.

Wonder why a Michigan car is for sale by a FL company?

I've noticed quite a few cars have the inside door handle too low - wonder why someone puts them back on that way?

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

wrong front bumper guards for a 73; also front and rear bumper brackets are wrong. Seatback release knob is missing; wrong carpet, "corn kernel" missing on pax door; hood catches on fender tops are painted over. And black windshield wiper blades.

BTW, the reason the interior door handles are mounted low is that if you moved ''em up one spline, the handle would hit the underside of the armrest before it released the door lock. The handle hub bracket is adjustable, and if you don't rotate it clockwise as far as it'll go (and in some cases elongate the mounting holes, that will happen. The pax side on my '73 is fine, but I had to adjust the driver's handle to the droop down position for it to work properly. That is, until I have to take the door panel off again. Then I'll adjust the mount.

cheers

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

BTW, the reason the interior door handles are mounted low is that if you moved ''em up one spline, the handle would hit the underside of the armrest before it released the door lock. The handle hub bracket is adjustable, and if you don't rotate it clockwise as far as it'll go (and in some cases elongate the mounting holes, that will happen. The pax side on my '73 is fine, but I had to adjust the driver's handle to the droop down position for it to work properly. That is, until I have to take the door panel off again. Then I'll adjust the mount.

cheers

mike

When installing the handle to the splined shaft, I can rotate mine so the end points to the bottom of the armrest - no interference from it. To me, having the handle within an easy reach of your fingers is better than struggling to get out (especially in an emergency).

Jim Gerock

Gentlemen, Gentlemen, Please! I Beg You....Not Now!

I Have Great Hopes That The Printout Of This Comp I Submitted Last Week Will Help Us Out.

After All, Tip Top's Door Handles Were Properly Aligned, The Grill Was Correct, Had Strut Caps,The Lock Mechanism Had "Corn Kernels", And I Lovingly Polished The Hood Catches With Brasso.

There has to be a reason why the advertiser typed the description Like That, with Caps.

72 BMW 2002tii Inka, Tip Top

92 BMW 318ic, Wolfgang

07 Mini Cooper, MC

72 BMW 2002tii Malaga - stricken

WOW tip top was a awesome looking 2002. It looks like I'm getting a malaga 74 I like the roundies better but its no biggie. Honestly was not to fond of Malaga but tip top makes me like the color so much more!! Fix tip top!

Thank you, Juanchi; you are very kind. I am afraid that Tip Top is beyond repair, but her soul is transferrable and I'll probably learn a great deal doing that. Jessie and I joked it was Malaga unless parked next to another Malaga, in which case it was more like lipstick red. If you check on the third pic on the link below, the car to the right is the correct Malaga...Larry Ayers' previous car. Regardless, the color is very appealing.

92 BMW 318ic, Wolfgang

07 Mini Cooper, MC

Jessie and I joked it was Malaga unless parked next to another Malaga, in which case it was more like lipstick red. If you check on the third pic on the link below, the car to the right is the correct Malaga...Larry Ayers' previous car. Regardless, the color is very appealing.

+1 I think there are many variations to Malaga (mine isn't correct either)

Roger Benson's 72 next to Celeste in 2008

Vintage2008Meet012.jpg

V@V 2009

Left-to-right:

Larry Schwartz' 73tii, Roger's 72, Celeste

d4416b05.jpg

59248fbe.jpg

4925e7c9.jpg

eb5f0150.jpg

ded81a82.jpg

Jim Gerock

Tip top is the backround on my pc! RIP tip top.

Thank you, Juanchi. Tip Top is a MacBimmer, but plays well with PCs!

As Jim said...Comparative Malaga Analysis (CMA) will reveal several variations, all of them attractive.....making the case once again for custom-mixing touch up paint lest you find yourself disappointed, out of twenty bucks, and with a bottle of hard-to-dispose-of liquid...

Ok, ok, it happened to me....but I was young, foolish, and I didn't use the FAQ search button before buying the paint. I am a bit smarter now.

William

92 BMW 318ic, Wolfgang

07 Mini Cooper, MC

I suspect some of the paint tinting differences are the result of oxidation, which any reddish color seems to have a knack for doing well. My '73 Malaga car retains its original paint but, over the years, it has turned slightly more red than the original maroon ever was.

'73 Tii - Malaga 2763751

'72 Tii - Turkis 2762380 - sold

'74 Turbo - silver 4290633 - sold

'76 Jade Green - sold

'74 Tii - Siennabraun 2781572 - sold

'76 Verona - bought new - sold