• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Compatible parts / parts cars list thread

jdm19732002

Ok, so this may be a silly question but I wanted to compile in one central place a list of popular modifications and what cars (years and models) they can be found on.

I tried a search for this, but am by no means a search ninja, so if this has already been discussed and compiled in a central location, we can delete this thread and refer to that.

Thanks for your .02

E21: Front hubs (late only), vented discs (77), rear drums, master cylinder (if converting), differential, 5 speed (late), radiator

E28: Master cylinder (if running big brakes), sun visors (I think... I know one of the 5-series fits)

E30: Battery relocation stuff, rear brakes (with custom brackets), small case LSD guts, map-light rear-view mirror, S14 (ha!)

80's Volvo 240: Front vented calipers

MKII VW (Rabbit I think?): Rear brakes (custom brackets), front shocks (when dropped to race-height)

80's Fords: Collision relay for elec fuel pump (stops gas if you get hit)

75 '02

78 M50 swapped E21

95 E34 touring

69 C10 Fleetside

69 Datsun SRL 311 (2012 project)

"Toil and learn or have deep pockets" - a smart guy

It's the Tii and E12 528i 23mm (vs 20mm 02) brake master cylinders that are an upgrade when doing big brakes NOT E28.....

Tom Jones

BMW wrench for 30 years, BMWCCA since 1984 at age 9
66 BMW16oo stored, 67 1600-2 lifelong project, 2 more 67-8 1600s, 86 528e 5sp 586k, 91 318i
Mom&Dad's, 65 1800TiSA, 70 2800, 72 2002Tii 2760007 orig owners, 15 Z4 N20

From the Vented Brake FAQ article (http://www.bmw2002faq.com/content/view/44/32/):

"Some of you Volvo upgraders might want to think about using a tii or for tii people, an e28 master cylinder at this point too."

I haven't actually done the upgrade, but if that's bad info, someone should modify it in that write-up since it's referred to pretty often. And I assume if tii is compatible with e28 and non-tii is comptabile with tii, then e28 is compatible with non-tii as well... seems logical to me.

75 '02

78 M50 swapped E21

95 E34 touring

69 C10 Fleetside

69 Datsun SRL 311 (2012 project)

"Toil and learn or have deep pockets" - a smart guy

tii's have essentially E3 front brakes so you can use those parts. Non-til's have a different strut so those parts don't fit unless you install tii struts. The E3 front brakes are a lot beefier and on the E3 we just use E9 rotors (they're vented, like on later Euro E3's) with E12 calipers (same as E3 calipers but spaced for the vented rotor and easier to find) so I imagine you'd do something similar caliper-wise on your tii (not sure about the rotors since it's 4-lug). On the non-tii none of this applies.