• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

$752!!!! Less expensive Tii fuel injector options?

EcoAuto

I've used Wes Ingram, not expensive, and yes most injectors are still serviceable and will provide MANY more years despite all the internet speak to the contrary. Dont throw old one's out even if someone "says they are bad"

I had 8 tested, 7 came back perfect, one was a bit weak at idle, but fine otherwise.

YMMV

-Justin
--
'76 02 (USA), '05 Toyota Alphard (Tokyo) - http://www.bmw2002.net

• 3 months later...
Guest Anonymous

I nave 4 NEW injectors DLO 20D.If someone isk interested contact me on mdashkov@gmail.com to send you pictures and discuss any deal.the injectors are never used.

• 6 years later...

Reviving an old thread, I've been working on a tii recently and one of the challenges facing me is the injectors, 1 injector had a continual drip after popping, all of them popped at a pressure of about 300psi,  Took the leaking one apart and and put in the ultra sonic cleaner for about a day.  Ground down the diameter of some flat washers 5mm and sanded to various thicknesses.

A 0.62mm shim increased popping pressure to 588psi.  100psi over the max of 488.

We ended up making a shim of 0.45mm thickness which rendered a pressure of 500psi.  Will set all injectors at this pressure. Called Gus for shims but nothing off the shelf.  We disassembled the other injectors and subjected them to the ultrasonic

and will shim those as well.  Just wanted to share with the tii community.  We're getting ripped for new injectors and don't know why!  Will let you know how everything turns out when we get her back on the road.

Edited by Rustyfe
Wrong word used
  • Like 1

Most "old school" diesel shops can test these injectors if they still have a simple pressure test fixture.  I ran across one at a local shop they had sitting on a shelf.  When I asked about it, they said they might sell it to me - but the gauge would have to be swapped out to a different one (wrong range).  That was a couple years ago and I haven't gone back.  I've cleaned several sets of injectors including spares for my car and for a few friends.  One set I dismantled literally crumbled apart due most likely to water (or old gas) sitting inside that had frozen/thawed repeatedly.  Those were trashed.

As mentioned above, there is nothing compared to a set of new fuel injectors for a tii.  I was amazed by the power from Keith Kreeger's 74tii that was stock but had a NOS (Bosch) pump and injectors.   The engine had a distinct sound when under load above 4K RPM.

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"