$752!!!! Less expensive Tii fuel injector options?

EcoAuto

I'm sure this must be a fairly common problem, but I didn't find anything on the FAQ.

New fuel injector valves PN 13531252861 (injectors stamped DLO 20D) sell for $752.00 from BMW Mobile Traditions via my usual sources - Mesa, 2002Ad, Bavarian Autosport.

I haven't found anyone selling used ones, and I'm wondering what to do, short of dropping $750 on an injector, expecting the 3 others will leak sometime soon down the road.

Looking for recommendations for best / fastest / most reasonable place to have injectors rebuilt OR a source for used injectors.

I love my car, but spending over $3K to buy 4 new BMW injector valves is not possible without defaulting on my mortgage.

post-18606-13667631842286_thumb.jpg

Hi John,

Your son is at MSU? Thats a nice coincidence. I sure hope the weather stays as beautiful as it's been for your visit.

What condition are the injectors in? I'm replacing one of mine because I've been searching for the cause of waffling idle and poor gas mileage, and discovered one of the injectors leaked carb fluid when I tried to clean it up.

do a google search for BOSCH SERVICE STATION

in your area - hint: truck repair

for pressure testing and 'rebuilding' service

nother hint: look for Mercedes-Benz BOSCH injection

service centers - the tii injector is the same design as 1950-70

M-B mechanical injectors -

depending on the amount of internal rusting and pintle wear,

your injectors may be toast. you cannot make

chicken soup from chicken sheit.

check with the tii group also for references

and this link to Gus Pfister (is he still in business?)

http://www.bayarea02.com/features/pfister-interview/index.html

injtstr.jpeg

shelf5.jpeg

Thanks for the suggestion. Sadly, here Montana, resources are limited. I checked with the Bosch service center website and also with the only Mercedes Benz dealer in Montana. While both knew exactly what I was talking about, neither could offer much help.

Gus Pfister at Pacific Fuel Injection could do a rebuild of the entire unit at an estimated cost of about $1000. That'll be plan my B if replacing the injectors doesn't improve matters.

I don't know the condition of my injectors, but since i'll rebuild the pump i will also take a look of rebuilding or buying new ones, but of course not so expensive. Even if my are good they will need some rebuild or new ones after a few years when it will be even harder to find solution of the problem...

And as far as i know they can't be exactly rebuild. Only one good cleaning... but i'm not sure, tell me if i'm wrong.

Since CJ tells that they are similar with the old MB ones maybe it will be easy to find new MB ones which can fit somehow on the tii. Maybe the MB's with mech. injection are not as rare as the tii. We all know that the BMW ones are expensive not because the injector is something complicated thing (i'm talking about the Tii ones!), it's because it's oldtimer and the tii's are getting harder and harder to find...

So does anybody has information about which MB models are using mech. injection, or even some more detailed information.

Also does anybody have a blueprint of the injector? Any chances of custom making of it? From the outer side look very simple, the harder part is the inner side...?

In my search for a solution, I found this company in Southern Cal who will flow bench test the injectors for spray pattern and pressure for $35 each. If the injector needs rebuilding, and is rebuildable, they'll rebuild for $95 each.

Not bad considering the alternatives.

JF Pro BMW independent BMW Service

14412 Victory Blvd #B

Van Nuys, CA 91401

818 285 2385

Jack Fahuna (JF Pro / Probimmer) is another excellent resource for Tii owners.

I highly recommend him!

In my search for a solution, I found this company in Southern Cal who will flow bench test the injectors for spray pattern and pressure for $35 each. If the injector needs rebuilding, and is rebuildable, they'll rebuild for $95 each.

Not bad considering the alternatives.

JF Pro BMW independent BMW Service

14412 Victory Blvd #B

Van Nuys, CA 91401

818 285 2385

Yup.

First get all four tested. Any diesel mechanic with the Bosch sign out front should be able to clean them & check them against factory spec.

(Psst - start buying used injectors if you want to drive your tii until you pass away).

Most used I buy test OK, but I'm considering buying 4 new now for my son when I turn the car over to him in 20 years . . . . . . maybe he can sell them and pay for his education.

jgerock, used a jewelry cleaner to re-do his. I think he posted something about his method. If not send him an email.

Good Luck!

Sorry Sweet Nola, but the FAQ'rs didn't use the ill-fated search function.

c55b12f3.jpg

There are literaly (not litter-aly) a ton of threads about cleaning your old injectors, testing and "rebuilding" of tii injectors here.

I'd be more than happy to help since these simple little parts are outrageous.

Ultrasoniccleaner.jpg

injector.jpg

The injectors cannot be re-build back to their original state if the wear and corrosion is too much. Many rebuilders match each injector to the output of the KF pump (assuming pump is in good condition) for each cylinder by shimming the spring on the pintle (or whatever is called) inside the injector as Jim's picture show. Pro Bimmer/Jack Fahuna will be the most cost effective place to start. They will tell you if the injectors are rebuildable. Go to FAQ construction zone to find the links to famous US builders, better to have deep pockets. Sometimes you can score on ebay or here at FAQ buying used ones but it is a luck of a draw. I'd say if you have 1K-2K to spent on injectors, you will be able to find a nice set of 4 close to factory specs. Considering usual price increase on vintage BMW parts, 4K on new injectors is not unrealistic. Wish I had the cash, I would write a check outright, nothing can replace the new.