• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE TURBO TWO POINT OHHHHHHH

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

UPDAte for today

put in the new headlights while the lifts were in use:

CIBIES

IMG_0721.jpg

IMG_0722.jpg

The wiring is a hell hole, I will have to re-do all of it... if anyone is good at being neat. hit me up ;)

Because usually stock isnt enough

I got a stage 2 clutch to match my 228mm flywheel

IMG_0725-1.jpg

Time to start slapping in that transmission.... Cake walk right??

IMG_0726-1.jpg

IMG_0727-1.jpg

I made the mount for the transmission, but I think I will have to adjust its height Thing I put it up too high ,Things get shifted even when you measure twice :(

IMG_0730.jpg

IMG_0729-1.jpg

IMG_0728-1.jpg

and here it sits nice and hoodless

IMG_0732.jpg

So today,

got a lot done today

Attached throttle Cable,

Wired UP EDIS, and Tach

filled it with fluids.

adjusted valves ( which was difficult, It was hard to get them snug, so I may need larger eccentrics or soemthing

Turbo test fit with the Ebay turbo ; waiting on the new BOV which to come in the mail, old one was stolen

Still have to electrical tape wire the rest of the EDIS. and sort through the wires on the Driver Side.

Also gotta install the holset once it comes in the mail, and take it to the exhaust shop.

Im lookin to do 3" with two glasspacks in the center.

Also my homie sean was there to offer a helping hand. It's always nice to have some dudes hangin around, for comic relief and just makin things easier.

other than that, she is ready for action.

IMG_0102.jpg

IMG_0101.jpg

IMG_0100.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Got some wiring to do, but I got it IDLING

If anyone wants to look at My datalog (megalog viewer) I would Really appreciate it!

This weekend I plan to do some hauling on this little machine.

got it all ready to go as far as running. Now I will be adjusting the map, overlooking the system; bleeding the hydraulics, checking the oil as well as

It's on the road! now Im just gonna try to tie up lose ends and make sure the car is safely driveable.

Anyway.

So I have been doing some tuning of the car. And I was wondering if anyone had any Advice regarding to AFR bins or what ratios work better for accell or TPS enrichment etc etc. I understand how to make the car pretty driveable and understand the concepts of how it works. But I am still Learning as well.

This goes for Spark as well. I have a pretty good baseline spark map, and I think I am just going to retro fit the Stock 2002 Spark map onto it and drive it from there. However, I understand you are supposed to compensate for some of the + or - of the trigger angle. I seem to kind of be confusing myself ; When using the timing light today I Was using the Crank pulley notches as a reference. I had the timing light for one of the notches at 17 deg advanced, which is exactly what the computer said it was firing at. however there is another tiny notch only a few degrees counter clock wise to the one I was using as reference. at that notch the timing was 22 degrees while the computer was saying 17 deg. I was wondering for the settings int he megasquirt do I put any number for the Trigger Angle or trigger angle addition?

also any tips for tuning?

I will email my MSQ's which have been serving me quite well

• 2 weeks later...

all done.

th_IMG_0158.jpg

th_IMG_0103.jpg

th_IMG_0146-2.jpg

th_IMG_0145-2.jpg

th_IMG_0144-2.jpg

Specs:

to keep it concise

2L m10 Engine.

head ported polished +1

SS valves

292 camshaft

Shrick springs.

Ross Racing Forged PIstons 8.75:1 CR

ARP studs

MLS headgasket

Megasquirt fuel

EDIS injections

Fat Intercooler

Holset Hy35 turbocharger

Tial external wastegate

Here is my new workspace:

IMG_0168.jpg

What is left before it is 100%

- New Radiator Brace

Makeshift one for now, to hold up Intercooler, Radiator, Fan, and Oil cooler.

---which will be replaced by one of JP cadoux GREAT units.

Install holset instead of Fleabay turbo.

Clean wiring... again.

get exhaust in

break engine in.

Well,

I am just going to compose a list of things that I intend to do, and hopefully people will chime in as to where I can find the parts or what they recommend for or against.

1:

Door seals.

I will probably rock the autozone ones, the cheap solution may be the best way, anyone have a part number, or know if I can find these at kragen or napa?

2: Ebrake

Everyone knows how sloppy these dang things can get. I will do the roller bearing set up, and make it nice and jimmy smooth.

3:

Wait for the next set of Esty's carpets.

Looking to do the interior all black or something along those lines

4: Headliner. and sunroof headliner.

just simply install.

5: GAS smell

The trunk smells, and lightweight the cabin smells. although the fuel pump is in the trunk, Ill see where else I can mount the damn thing, Maybe the 318is Fuel pump will be sufficient for the application, does fuel pressure in the lines need to override the Fuel injector Pressure?

6:

Catch can.

I was kind of curious as to how I was going to do this

I dont htink I want to pressurize the crank case, but you do want to create vacuum. in normal driving conditions. Can I create a one way valve, and then plumb it before, or after the throttle body? and then have no breather to atmosphere, becuase thats how that smell gets in the cabin I suspect.

7: pedal feel

Throttle cable adjustment, and resistance

I want smooth pedal feel, so I may end up rebuilding the pedal box, anyone have any experience with rebuilidng before and after.. is it worth it?

2: Ebrake

Everyone knows how sloppy these dang things can get. I will do the roller bearing set up, and make it nice and jimmy smooth.

Ya know, I just installed the 320 drums, and my e-brake cables were shot. Brand new cables cost less than $50. It's part number 34411103128 and you'd need two of 'em.

-David

1972 2002 - 2577652 Follow the fun