• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

M2 madness

M3M3

let me check the attic of the shop...;-)

but no. not sure of an available used set. the IE set is a bit cheaper than the CG one i think. making rear height adjustable is easy. roundy-round cars use same size threaded spring adjusters as a on does in the rear. single rate race spring plus adjustable perch equal rear setup.

2xM3

today was spent installing the new conrod bearings from Blunt with ARP bolts. no issues. one more project checked off.

another box of parts ordered from Blunt, and the S14 oil pan from Lee should be done in a few weeks.

then i went about making a video of the engine test i did on the Kerman M10 i am taking out of the car. Engine is already spoken for, the new owner will be a happy camper..

zero vibration/movement of the engine, even on stock mounts. idles nicely at 900-950 rpm on the dcoe45's. 195psi +/- 5 across all four cyls. no shortage of power at the auto-x last weekend. dang, why am i selling this thing? ;-)

oh well, gotta start taking the M10 apart and get it out of the car this weekend.

2xM3

Marshall,

Having seen you crushing the competition on the autocross track at Chapterfest, I can verify that your driving Kung Fu strong, and that your M10 is a beast. If your buyer decides that he/she would prefer a motor that's a little more sedate or subdued, I might be convinced to buy a backup motor. I figure if something unexpected happens to my motor when my great grandchildren are hooning it out on the Bonneville Salt Flats, they'll appreciate my foresight in having stored a suitable replacement for them. [Edit]

williamggruff

'76 2002 "Verona" / '12 Fiat 500 Sport "Latte" / '21 Toyota 4Runner TRD Off Road Prem “The Truck”

I started today with a goal of prepping the 75 for the removal of the m10. Disconnect and label wires and hoses, remove carbs, remove exhaust, remove driveshaft, drain oil and coolant, pull radiator etc. planned on doing the heavy engine and trans removal tomorrow.

Well, I got most of the little stuff done by 3, and then Grice and Clay showed up. Voila, engine out by dinner!

DSCN4284.jpg

DSCN4283.jpg

DSCN4285.jpg

DSCN4287.jpg

Thanks guys!

Now I get to clean everything up tomorrow and sort out the piles of residual 02 parts…..

2xM3

Guest Anonymous

Ladies purses turn out designer handbags to be increasingly more light nowadays, together with the problem of shoulders identified in women, girls purses designed far more makes use of than appearance. Selling price isn't the largest facto

• 2 weeks later...

Before heading off to pick up Jim's new old tii engine and eating turkey in Connecticut, I replaced all the seals in the 5spd (shifter, output and input).

Got back to work on the M2 today. EVO oil pump had arrived so I put that in.

DSCN4318.jpg

The shim I took out showed evidence of the oil pump chain hitting it. When I shimmed up the new pump the chain was really close to the shims, so I took them out and customized them with the friendly bench grinder. Voila! Plenty of clearance!

Top shim in pic’s is the one that was in the engine and was hitting the chain. You can sort of see the damage on the top edge. Bottom two shims are the ones I clearance for the chain.

DSCN4319.jpg

DSCN4322.jpg

Here they are installed.

DSCN4324.jpg

And the pump is in!

DSCN4325.jpg

DSCN4326.jpg

Front of engine is looking more done…

DSCN4327.jpg

Then I attacked the exhaust side water pipe, literally. At stock length, it does not leave much clearance for the water hose, so I took a cue from Lee and hacked about 40mm out of the middle.

Before

DSCN4299.jpg

Marked for cutting

DSCN4314.jpg

Screwed it to a board so it would be stable in the radial arm saw

DSCN4313.jpg

And then it went through the guillotine

DSCN4316.jpg

When it gets welded it should look like this

DSCN4317.jpg

More fun next weekend!

2xM3

Thanks again for hauling the engine down. I think your puncture was caused by the protruding heat shield bolt on the exhaust manifold.

I'm taking apart and you are putting together.

I wonder if all S14's have that close clearance between the pump chain and shims?

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

Some outsourced work. I have two sets of injectors, both suspected of around 100k miles. Here is one set as I took them out of the car.

DSCN4065.jpg

Sent them all off to RC Engineering for some testing and cleaning. I have sent other sets to them for my race car. Gotta love results like this!

DSCN4328.jpg

And the reports

injector1.jpg

injector2.jpg

Ya, I know…only need 4 in an S14, but good to have extras!

anyone who runs a fuel injected car...even if you think it is running well, it is worth it to pull the injectors and have them cleaned and tested. it makes a difference!

2xM3

Looks like my race car may be sold, so spent most of the day packing up all the parts..:-(

But then the fedex guy came. Oh boy! Why carry 30lbs worth of metal S14 intake stuff when you can bolt this on?

DSCN4334.jpg

DSCN4333.jpg

DSCN4335.jpg

After I was done staring at that thing, I turned to cleaning up the throttle bodies with dremel and little wire wheel.

DSCN4336.jpg

Got one done…more tomorrow!

2xM3

wondered if anyone would notice that.......

new job is going to prevent me from doing a full race season, again. didn't make sense to invest in another full tilt race motor for only a weekend or two. e36 race car getting delivered to new owner in same trip the kerman M10 gets brought to winchester.

not fully done with racing, just may take a different track....;-)

2xM3

Finished cleaning up the second Throttle body today. Fun getting the grunge out of all the linkage pieces.

DSCN4342.jpg

DSCN4341.jpg

Then Dr. Destructo, Jim G, came over. He has been detailing the rapid dismantling of his old tii engine in another thread. At my place he enabled the front subframe and suspension “falling out of the car”’. Took it out to reinforce the DS motor mount. ST sway bar came off to be replaced by IE drop bar to clear the S14 oil pan.

DSCN4347.jpg

Then went to replace the heater hoses. Passenger side went fine.

DSCN4344.jpg

Drivers side a PO had oriented the hose clamp such that it could not be removed without…..removing the wiper motor.

DSCN4348.jpg

Of course this led to “while I am in there” rehab of the wiper motor and taking apart the linkage.

DSCN4346.jpg

Argh need more parts!

2xM3

Marshall,

I have a pair of wiper motors in the attic if you need some parts. I also have a freshly painted LSD and a distributor that I need to return to you. I'm available to make delivery most nights this week if that's convenient for you.

Grice

williamggruff

'76 2002 "Verona" / '12 Fiat 500 Sport "Latte" / '21 Toyota 4Runner TRD Off Road Prem “The Truck”