• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Best Vintage car coverage?

TTyMiller

I use State Farm, and pay about $250 for 6 mos antique car insurance, and about $10 for 6 mos storage insurance.

I use State Farm too but I pay A LOT LESS.

I have classic insurance on 3 cars and they cost me under $100 each PER YEAR.

I do get a discount because my home insurance and my other cars are insured through them too but there shouldn't be THAT much difference. Maybe it's the location?

Pierre

O==00==O

69 2002 (M20), 74 tii, 76 533i, 79 323i, 80 732i, 84 323i (S50) 91 318is, 96 318ti (S52), 97 Z3, 02 330i, 03 525iT, 02 R1150 RTP.
Auxiliary Lamp Brackets  Kamei Reproduction Front Air Dam

I have Hagerty classic car coverage. The liability stuff has to match your general policy coverage on your daily driver. For 250/500 coverage, I'm paying $248 a year for agreed value $25K. HTH!

Bob

BMWCCA #4844 (#297 of The 308)

1974 2002 Sahara, MM 2400 Rally engine, MM 5 speed and conversion

1976 2002A Anthracite parts car

1991 525i AlpinweiB II

2002 330ci AlpinweiB III

2007 530xiT Titanium Silver

I have my '72Tii on Collector Ins through AAA SoCal - agreed value of 25k.

Premium was $250/yr with one accident (premium before my accident was $160ish / year).

AAA was okay to deal with on the claim - the adjuster wasn't familiar with '02s so it took about a month to finalize the repair costs.

FWIW - I'm glad my '72Tii was on Collector Ins otherwise AAA might have written off the car.

Andy W.

'72 Tii & '74 Tii

'88 M3 & '91 318is

I have a 70 '02 and a 73 911E with State Farm and I pay $360 a year for stated value replacement. I have worked in BMW, Porsche and Mercedes dealerships fr 20 years and was part of a shop for another 20 years where we only serviced German cars. I suggest that you document EVERYTHING! I have my original bill of sale for both cars. While the 911 is a survivor, I restored the '02 and have every receipt for every repair that has been made, including the restoration. As knockoff replacement parts or used parts are not available for the '02, most adjusters are dumbfounded as many are ofter the age of your car or younger. Insist on OE parts. Have the car appraised by a professional appraiser or high end restoration or repair shop and submit it when you take out the policy. And take LOTS of pictures with dates to accurately show the condition of the car. The less wiggle room they have if an accident does happen, the better for you.