• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Front Turn Signal Lense Replacement

tim2002

I've been searching but have found no info on the replacement of the plastic lense in the front turn signal frame. I have a perfect frame but no lense and a pitted frame with a good euro lense. The plastic looks like it is bonded to the metal frame. Is there a way to remove a lense from the frame?

Thanks for any help or insight.

You're right about the lens being molded to the frame. The only way to remove it is to break it in the middle and pull the remaining shards away, unless you take the time to dremel away just the rear portion that locks into the bezel. I do replacement lenses, by the way. Email me if you need/want more info.

Never let school get in the way of your education!

SiteNamecopy.jpg

I've been searching but have found no info on the replacement of the plastic lense in the front turn signal frame. I have a perfect frame but no lense and a pitted frame with a good euro lense. The plastic looks like it is bonded to the metal frame. Is there a way to remove a lense from the frame?

Thanks for any help or insight.

I had a pair of extra lenses when i bought my 76', and i tried to make some clear ones using some florescent light covers (purchased @ Home Depot), anyway, the lens is on there i had to break it off, and then use a dremel to remove the remainder of the shards. needless to say, it didnt turn out how i expected it to. need to re-do and leave a bit more of a lip to adhere to the plastic clear piece.

1968 BMW 1600 Chmnx White

1976 2002 Parts car

2003 f150

60% of the time, it works every time!

• 3 months later...
  • 3 years later...

Jesse is correct. Heat should soften up the plastic. Then you can pull it out, make a mold and then replace it. I have looked into doing it, but not enough time in my day to monkey with it at this time. Maybe after I am done with the car.

1970 Grey 02 (the never ending project)
2007 328xi coupe (DD)

and a couple hondas for the kid.