• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comments on this $14k tii - pricewise?

Anschauer

Guest Anonymous

Overspray in several locations. Some possible deep rust on the rocker in the picture with the dented rocker trim. Installation of an early interior in a late car. Interior of trunk simply painted black instead of the body color. No engine pictures? What has been replaced in terms of bushings and other degradable rubber underneath the car? There is more, but that should give you a start.

shermanmartinez@hotmail.com

As I recall, it's not a Tii... Been over this in previous posts. Its in Indianapolis right?

Aside from that: Rust, dent, overspray, snorkel nose, patched shock towers, I think I see an early tobacco interior... No Tii clock. UUuuum, scratched up suroof panel.. NO PHOTOS OF THE VIN-- AGAIN..etc. etc. 5-8k at best. Who even knows about the Tii running gear, which is a large® reason to buy one.

Buyer beware.. but hey, I'm no expert (yet even I see the flaws).

2002 newbie, and dead serious about it.
(O=o00o=O)
Smart Audio Products for your 2002

This car has been on Ebay twice that I know of.

Jul '07 in Philadelphia, PA. Was advertised as a '74tii but the Seller revised this when he was advised his posted VIN 2372592 was a non-tii '76. Car reportedly sold for $6900.

Jan '10 Ebay Seller, Indianapolis, IN also advertised it as a '74tii with a starting bid of $12,000 - didn't sell.

For the car in it's current condition - '76 with tii mtr, incorrect interior, rear rockers messed with, repaint wirh overspray everywhere, etc, etc, one might expect a max of $5k. Personally I wouldn't go higher the $3.5, but that's just me.

Here's a couple pics from the Jul '07 auction.

Les

'74 '02 - Jade Touring (RHD)

'76 '02 - Delk's "Da Beater"

FAQ Member #17

An engine pic here. http://www.significantcars.com/cars/1974bmw/index.html

Nice attention to detail with the paint job.

Cheers,

Ray

Hi Ray,

This is the picture that helps to show it is a '76.

The blue sticker (brake fluid) on the fender near the battery was only attached to '76 models, to the best of my knowledge.

Les

'74 '02 - Jade Touring (RHD)

'76 '02 - Delk's "Da Beater"

FAQ Member #17

I dunno anything about those new cars. But i do know ugly when I see it ;-)

What's the coil doing so far forward anyway?

Back in TX? Just in time for V@V!

Cheers,

Ray (yeah I know you're not going)

An engine pic here. http://www.significantcars.com/cars/1974bmw/index.html

Nice attention to detail with the paint job.

Cheers,

Ray

Hi Ray,

This is the picture that helps to show it is a '76.

The blue sticker (brake fluid) on the fender near the battery was only attached to '76 models, to the best of my knowledge.

Ray

Stop reading this! Don't you have anything better to do?? :P
Two running things. Two broken things.