• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

all Tii's come with mechanical advanced distributor?

Armond

my 74tii came with a vacuum advanced distributor. Is this OE stuff? or perhaps a 74 only thing? can NE1 confirm?

TIA

73 Tii A4 BOD Oct. 13,1972

74 Tii BOD Nov. 16,1973

FAQ Member 1683

If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.

Mario Andretti

looks like the 74 (only) did come with a vacuum advance dist..

thanks Delia

74 Tii BOD Nov. 16,1973

FAQ Member 1683

Mario Andretti

looks like the 74 (only) did come with a vacuum advance dist..

thanks Delia

Oh woops. Miss read the post... So the >74tii had mech advance, and 74 tii had vacuum adavance.. right?

Zac Cardinal

1972 2002tii's Blog

1976 2002 "Margie"s blog

IMG_2146copy.jpg

Actually the 74 was a vacuum RETARD distributor. Reduced idle for emissions requirements

I clicked on this post to make a retard joke about Armond and basically state what you did Bill. LOL

Armond is still a retard!

Cris

Proud member #113

The rides!

www.cardomain.com/ride/792851

www.cardomain.com/ride/792793

thank you gents...

I would love to meet you too Bill. Are you coming to the Bay Area 02 show?

hey CJ..are you done with laundry yet? better get it done before Michelle gets home. and stop waxing that Jeepney

post-66-13667624003277_thumb.jpg

74 Tii BOD Nov. 16,1973

FAQ Member 1683

Mario Andretti

hey CJ..are you done with laundry yet? better get it done before Michelle gets home. and stop waxing that Jeepney

That all you got?

BTW, Michelle did finish the laundry. All folded up and now she's putting my clothes away in the closet and drawers.

I've completed my Motorsport steering wheel install, vintage Recaro install and shortened the struts on Gunther(ther Granada car).

All you did was TRY to get a f-pile of a tii running. Any luck yet RETARD, LOL!

Cris

Proud member #113

The rides!

That all you got?

BTW, Michelle did finish the laundry. All folded up and now she's putting my clothes away in the closet and drawers.

I've completed my Motorsport steering wheel install, vintage Recaro install and shortened the struts on Gunther(ther Granada car).

All you did was TRY to get a f-pile of a tii running. Any luck yet RETARD, LOL!

Cris

yeah right..you're probably cleaning the bathrooms now arent you.

ahhh..you should see this gem Cris. it's dry,solid,complete and perty. original snrokless, matching number Verona Tii.

74 Tii BOD Nov. 16,1973

FAQ Member 1683

Mario Andretti

ahhh..you should see this gem Cris. it's dry,solid,complete and perty. original snrokless, matching number Verona Tii.

Learn how to spell. For petes sake you're looking like, well a RETARD!

It's PRETTY and SNORKEL LESS(two words).

Geez dude.

Proud member #113

The rides!

Lots of yucksters on this thread (LOL).

Technically, all older distributors had a mechanical type advance with two retaining springs and sliding weights that move outward due to centrifugal force. The 72 and 73 tii's came with a mechanical only advance mechanism and in 74 BMW added a vacuum retard function. The 74 tii's also had a vacuum limiter valve connected to the intake plenum.

I unfortunately know first-hand that you cannot just install any distributor in the car and think it will run correctly.

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

Lots of yucksters on this thread (LOL).

Technically, all older distributors had a mechanical type advance with two retaining springs and sliding weights that move outward due to centrifugal force. The 72 and 73 tii's came with a mechanical only advance mechanism and in 74 BMW added a vacuum retard function. The 74 tii's also had a vacuum limiter valve connected to the intake plenum.

I unfortunately know first-hand that you cannot just install any distributor in the car and think it will run correctly.

Jim,

Should I R&R the distributor with a mechanical one or just leave it the way it is.

Will it run better with it?

hey Cris. do u know how to text message? cuz u will know y peple shrt cut wrds..DIK.

74 Tii BOD Nov. 16,1973

FAQ Member 1683

Mario Andretti

Armond -

I'd stick with the factory-supplied distributor (aka dizzy) for both your 73 and 74 cars. I believe the 74 unit is tough to find. Joel in Michigan just went thru this.

If you have a worn-out distributor, a good place to send it for rebuilding and re-curving it is Advanced Distributors in Minnesota. I had my 73tii distributor re-done by them - very impressive results. www.advanceddistributors.com

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"