• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pictures as promised!

73tiijeff

Good evening everyone,

As I promised last night, here are pictures of the '73 tii I drug home! On my lunch hour today, I was able to get some parts - window regulator, tail lights, some missing interior handles etc... Here is the link to the photos: http://picasaweb.google.com/118184217540193851450

In my "locked up engine" post Bob from Albany OR asked where I found the car. A friend in the VW hobby actually found it and passed the info along to me. He knew I was looking for a "round tail light 2002," and it just happened to be a tii. The car was located on a farm out in the country. The previous owner purchased it from the original owner in Encinitas CA and killed it within a year! It appears to be right at 125,000 miles and very solid other than the trunk lid. The parts car I located has a good lid though and I will pick it up this weekend along with some other parts.

Thanks for the help so far!

Jeff in Yakima

Looks like a good project man! Hope you get it going again! Plus you got a lot of open roads out in Yakima to open it up on... Over on this side of the mountains there ain't much!

-Nathan
'76 2002 in Malaga (110k Original, 2nd Owner, sat for 20 years and now a toy)
'86 Chevy K20 (6.2 Turbo Diesel build) & '46 Chevy 2 Ton Dump Truck
'74 Suzuki TS185, '68 BSA A65 Lightning (garage find), '74 BMW R90S US Spec #2

Thanks for the encouragement! Matthew, your '74 really looks great! Each day I fix one problem on the car. This way there is always progress, even if it is slow... Last night I replaced the broken window regulator and fixed the sticky lock mechanism on the passenger door. Unfortunately, discovered that the door check is broke - looks easy to fix though. Once again thanks for the "thumbs-up!"

Happy Friday!

Jeff in Yakima

Best of luck.

Email me if you need any tii stuff I may just have it - I know I have that missing door handle...

Is fuel efficiency really what we need most desperately? I say what we really need is a car that can be shot when it breaks down.

- George Carlin

Nice work Jeff!! I work on mine weekly...although not a Tii, Just another 72 Roundie. I did stall for a few months, paying the bills got in the way, but I added a window A/C unit to my garage so it's back to business. Thanks for the encouragement!!

And keep up the pics...what does a broken door block look like?

post-14914-13667623664599_thumb.jpg

Jim

'73 Malaga #2590259 - almost done!

Your Respiratory Therapist wears combat boots

Thanks everyone for the motivation! I understand about the "$" holding back a project! This one will be on "back burner" til my daughter's '60 bug is running.

Nice looking '72 02Guy, I really like the color, and that beautiful tail light!

The door check/brake is located in the front part of the door. If you take off the interior panel, it is located between the hinges. Easy to diagnose too, just open the door all the way and see if the "small silver strap" wiggles. If it moves and you see chunks of metal in the front part of the door insides its broke... After looking at the design of the original, I believe I will fabricate my own.

Anschauer in Noo Yawk brought up the missing door handle - I have it, just removed it to get a key made - no keys came with the car :( . I was able to get a key made locally though that works the doors and ignition - I did not want to damage the ignition lock when it was hauled up on the roll back truck.

As I progress, I will start a project post in that section of the site!

Happy Friday Everyone!

Jeff in Yakima

Best of luck.

Email me if you need any tii stuff I may just have it - I know I have that missing door handle...

Hi Anschauer!

Your email isn't shown in your profile, and "private messaging" is disabled on this forum... I am looking for the rear emblems "2002tii" and the "roundel." I am lookin for driver quality, not show... Sorry for cluttering up the thread. My email is jeu1965 at gmail dot com

Thanks!

Jeff