• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Distributor rebuild

02for2

OK... the Search function doesn't like me. I've tried virtually every permutation of Distributor, distributor rebuild, rebuilding the distributor, etc. and found nothing.

I have the stock dizzy on my '76. I located and purchased the distributor rebuild kit PN# 12 11 8 630 239 (BTW, just a repackaged Bosch PN# 1 237 010 007 which you may find cheaper elsewhere) which contains only 'O'rings, spacers, felts and clips.

The kit does NOT include BUSH BEARING 12111350260 or BUSH BEARING 12118530602 which I also plan to replace.

My question is, do these bushings need to be pressed on/off or do they just slip onto the shaft?

Any advise is much appreciated. TIA

Cheers!

1976 BMW 2002

1990 BMW 325is (newest addition)

1990 Porsche 964 C4 Cabriolet

They are pressed in the housing. I think replacing them would a pain and they maybe would need reaming after pressed in - don't know about that though. I would start with a dizzy that doesn't have too much radial play and not replace those.

Tommy

Racing is Life - everything before and after is just waiting!

Hi Jim,

That's what I was talking about when I emailed you looking for a rebuilder in MN.

I'm giving up trying to do it myself. I just need to find a competent rebuilder that understands the one year only 74 Tii 013 dizzy.

I did however just buy a used exact matching numbers 74 Tii 013 so I'm sending them two when I find a company. I don't want to go through this again.

Guest Anonymous

I've got a bunch of used distributors. What's your pn? I'll look to see if I have a good one and if you want I can ship to you just for shipping costs.

I've got a bunch of used distributors. What's your pn? I'll look to see if I have a good one and if you want I can ship to you just for shipping costs.

Thanks... that'd be GREAT! Good Karma to you!

The Distributor # is: BMW - 12111359044 or Bosch - 08K009

Just let me know what shipping will run to 55116 and I'll get it right off to you.

You can reply to me directly at mcfadden_jim hotmail com (fill in the dots)

Cheers!

1976 BMW 2002

1990 BMW 325is (newest addition)

1990 Porsche 964 C4 Cabriolet

I've tried virtually every permutation of Distributor, distributor rebuild, rebuilding the distributor, etc. and found nothing.

Because there really isn't anything!

Tommy's right, the bushings are pressed in, then reamed (or turned) in place.

Frankly, the metallurgy in everything but the latest points distributor's

not conducinve to them lasting more than 100k miles.

A local auto electric shop could rebuild it for you- but a good used one

or even a repro would be cheaper. There's a lot going on in a dizzy.

t

• Like 1

"I learn best through painful, expensive experience, so I feel like I've gotten my money's worth." MattL