• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MYSTERY 2002 MODEL

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

While working in a central FL trans shop in the late 80's a cust brought in what I was told a "German" model 2002 for a clutch replacement. The clutch parts had to imported, it had a 6 cyl.,with 3 or maybe just 2 carbs (brain fade)with individual air filters and a tube header. The fenders had the square flares similar to a 3.0csl. Don't recall any hood strips and rear spoiler ala Batmobile. After the road test you could not have beaten the smile off my face, regret not being able to talk to the owner for more details. Any thoughts on this, was this a factory job or a very nice custom? Thanks guys.

Guest Anonymous

GOOD CATCH! Not sure if it's the same car-but appears the same. Description says new 6 cyl. conversion, if thats true it would elimate that particular car, but gives me more to go on. Would like find who the "famous" builder is. Thanks again.

I have seen that car, It has smoked square tails and early front grills..strange

69 2002

04 GTI 1.8T Daily Driver

1974 2002 (Wife's car)

**Vintage BMW meet Uptown Altamonte Springs, 2nd Saturday 7pm Near 436 and I-4 in Altamonte Springs FL Email me for details***

Was this car silver? It's for sale at the Car Bar on Orange Ave.

Man that car has been there for like 7 years just sitting in the show room. I went there once over 5 years ago and the shop guy would not even open the hood. To much hassel to find the pins or something. That 935 Porsche had 4 flat tires and was a kit. I would ask what they consider a "new" 6 cylinder conversion since I doubt that car has been on the road in at least 5-7 years. But for $16,000 that might be a good deal if they maintained it.

75 2002: weber, ANSA, lowered, 14" wheels, new engine, new suspension, rust free & square.

OK guys, is there a link to the Car Barn? I can't just walk down the street and into the showroom ya know. :b...

Tom Jones

BMW wrench for 30 years, BMWCCA since 1984 at age 9
66 BMW16oo stored, 67 1600-2 lifelong project, 2 more 67-8 1600s, 86 528e 5sp 586k, 91 318i
Mom&Dad's, 65 1800TiSA, 70 2800, 72 2002Tii 2760007 orig owners, 15 Z4 N20

I found plenty of car links and barn links and even tractor links.

I did find one Car Barn link in florida, but the most exotic car they had was a '93 Dodge convertible.

Steve J

72 tii / 83 320is / 88 M3 / 08 MCS R55 / 12 MC R56

& too many bikes