• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

old posts also oldguy info needed

1972fritz

http://www.bmw2002faq.com/component/option,com_forum/Itemid,57/page,viewtopic/p,693280/#693280

I find myself looking at old posts this morning and I was supprised. I have been planning to do this ford head swap, partially because every one hoping the thread wouldnt die well... let it. I have a friend who is about to build his cobra and with the addition of 03-04 cobra heads he will sell me both heads for cheaper then you can pick up a rebuilt e12 casting.The reason the heads work other then just dementions is the fact that both engines share a 100mm bore spacing and close bore sizing 89 (2002) and 90(stang) I do need to talk to old guy to see who he called about cams? i am also going to be grafting the 8.8 irs center section and a t-5 transmission into my car so it looks like i will have a few winter/summer/winter projects.

unfortunately "oldguy'

wants to remain unknown because

he doesn't include a " profile " in his bannermakes it difficult to find

"all posts by oldguy"

Fri Jun 22, 2007 4:11 pm

Subject: Re: ford twin cam head on a m10 - WTF?

so your going to spend much time over in the "search"

basement

'86 R65 650cc #6128390 22,000m
'64 R27 250cc #383851 18,000m
'11 FORD Transit #T058971 28,000m "Truckette"
'13 500 ABARTH #DT600282 6,666m "TAZIO"

Old Guy, aka Kris Hundredmark had to take a lower profile after his camshaft removal tool "group buy" went south several years ago. He used to be REAL active on the forum but less so since then. I don't know if I'm the only '02er who didn't get reimbursed. "Old Guy", if you're reading this, Paypal me my $100 and I'll quit calling you out on this every so often.

Budweiser...It's not just for breakfast anymore.

Avatar photo courtesy K. Kreeger, my2002tii.com ©

i am also going to be grafting the 8.8 irs center section and a t-5 transmission into my car

why are you farting around with an M10 block, then? Why not an aluminum v8?

t

"I learn best through painful, expensive experience, so I feel like I've gotten my money's worth." MattL

i am also going to be grafting the 8.8 irs center section and a t-5 transmission into my car

why are you farting around with an M10 block, then? Why not an aluminum v8?

t

No shit! I dream of an LS6 with a rear mounted 6-speed from the vette. You could run 5-lug BMW wheels on the GM hubs too.

This is what I have in mind for parts;

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/00-Corvette-C5-Rolling-Chassis-w-LS1-Engine-SIX-SPEED_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem19b99030d4QQitemZ110487417044QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

19a115b7-9760-47c1-af9f-560c2d06e095_zps6ad53ab7.jpg

73 M2 evolving project

77 Datsun 620 king cab hauler

09 XR1200

77 XS650

78 SR500

half dozen ct70s

other wheeled madness

i have thought about that but it would be very tight fit between the strut towers g got some rough measurments and it looked like it would fit barely.i would need to relocate the brake system and switch to rack steering. but have any of you changed sparkplugs on an ls1 F-body car? what a bitch.

As to the cams. I sourced a grinder. They're about $1200 for the first pair. I'm not done with mine so I'm not posting.

The point of the T5? or the rear end I don't know. Where are you gonna put the shifter. If you find a WCt5 and toploader it you could support plenty of power but after you stiffen the rear up. The subframe pickup points will be next to go. You'd be better off stuffing a 4 link kit and a solid rear back there. I take it this plan of yours involves some 400+hp 02. Which will then spin the tires in every gear. It will take alot to get traction.

and yes I've changed spark plugs on a ls1 fbody. even put in headers without a lift. I feel your pain.

ok good i just wanted to make sure this didnt die i am hoping to start soon with the machining. i sent you an email and never heard back keep me in mind when you get it farther along. the purpose of the t5 is for yes the added power and the 8.8 there super strong and gears are like 100 bucks a set! i have been planning to mate an e30 case but i figured if i were going custom i would go big.

Where are you gonna put the shifter.

It actually would pop up through the stock hole, believe it or don't...

There are bigger worries than that, certainly.

t

"I learn best through painful, expensive experience, so I feel like I've gotten my money's worth." MattL

ok good i just wanted to make sure this didnt die i am hoping to start soon with the machining. i sent you an email and never heard back keep me in mind when you get it farther along. the purpose of the t5 is for yes the added power and the 8.8 there super strong and gears are like 100 bucks a set! i have been planning to mate an e30 case but i figured if i were going custom i would go big.

how much power are you shooting for?

well i have not decided i have heard the stock crank will do 500 i dont think i will get that high but i am looking for mid to high 300 hp. i will tune it way down for street but i want to have reliable power option and not blow stuff up. as for the tranny i belive tomorrow calling is using a a ford type 9 sierra box with an adaptor and stock automatic bellhousing.

...and if you start looking at the Sierra box, the XR4ti guys swap in T5's

because they hold up better...

but there's a racing box based on it that's pretty nice...

t

the stock t5 will hold about 300lb/ft heavily bolted on mustangs will break them. however there cheap and my car wont make instant launch torque. tremec makes a tko version that i would dream of having but there under 2 grand and can get them any time i would mant. its amazing how inexpensive domestic stuff is right?