• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What Grill is this?

GreenBeam

The car is in fact a 74 or 75. It has an early nose with deep bucket grills and no black slats installed. Basically 1600 grills.

The early grills will not work in a proper late nose. Perhaps you can have your platic grills chromed.

Proud member #113

The rides!

www.cardomain.com/ride/792851

www.cardomain.com/ride/792793

So you're saying that the whole front end was swapped out for an earlier model's?

Thanks but no thanks. Chromed plastic aint for me.

Yes, the nose is swapped.

BTW, it was just a suggestion. Not my flavor either.

Proud member #113

The rides!

www.cardomain.com/ride/792851

www.cardomain.com/ride/792793

Was looking at this 02 picture (looks like a 74-75) and couldn't help but notice that shiny grill. Anyone know where I can get a metal grill like that for my 76?

BMWgrill.jpg

That's my M2. The car is a 75. It was easier to change the front clip (when doing the body work and the cage) to convert it to euro bumpers (and thus not have to patch the holes), and the original front clip had some issues. The car is highly modiifed, so originality was not much of an issue. Mike Pugh keeps after me to change the rear clip to make it a roundie, but I like the small bumper/ square light thing. I will likely change the grills over to the later ones at some point. Just go finished doing an Evo3 2.5 build, so the minor stuff is on the back burner. There you go.

More former BMW's than it is possible to list.

No use in the details Go Fast Tim. That is soooo nice as it is and fast from what I hear. Maybe one day I will get a ride in it.

I admired this car at the V@V and at the Dobson NC Hampton Inn (where the pictures were taken). I have a couple from the lot.

Sounds good too!

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

So I can change the front and rear clips and turn my 76 into a roundie? Was there much fab work involved or was it a pretty straight bolt on deal? Expensive?
You can do anything you want with a good body shop. All things done well are expensive.

More former BMW's than it is possible to list.