• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Stock Engine

GreenBeam

Lose weight.

Take as much weight as you can out of the car.

How manageable do you want it to be? 40's and an agressive- but- streetable

cam with a 1 1/2 primary header with about a 10:1 c/r netted me in

the 140 range at the crank.

t

"I learn best through painful, expensive experience, so I feel like I've gotten my money's worth." MattL

do the proper upgrades aimed at torque.

Apart from that, consider changing the gears in the rear end for whatever suits you or if you are fortunate enough a close ration 5 spd.

I shed some weight off my 02 and it does make a noticeable difference.

Other than this, a turbo is pretty much the most appealing method to gain power

68' 2002 DD

maybe you'd find it beneficial to go to a 38/38 carb, better power than a 32/36 and diff take-off, with little to no mod. You can work on the intake manifold a little and port matching, and possibly the exhaust.

Scott

1976 2002 Custom Dk Blue w/ Pearl

1975 2002A Sahara (sold Feb 2008)

SiteNamecopy.jpg

cam it

compression and bore big 2100 ccs

38/38

header

2 1/4 exhaust and pay attention to everything timing, dwell, ring gap, etc

390 gears and a 5 OD and she will rock on down the road

this aint no chevy V8

Ya, we're working with a bone stock M10 engine here. To restate the question, what mods would you all recommend in order to produce maximum power out of an M10? Some background info: Used as an every day commuter. Looking for that extra shot of torque going through freeway on ramps and decent passing power. (No engine swaps please. It's just out of my budget at this time)

I've wondered about this too. I have a stock engine that has 8.5:1 compression and the single throat Solex 36/40. The front end is apart (suspension, radiator, headlamps, etc) and I have a lightly used Weber 38/38 to put on the car. I have a Bosch red coil that ran fine with the stock setup, and would like to put in a Bosch mech. advance distributor to run with the Weber. I'd like to put in the Ireland shorty header in lieu of the smog pump manifold and reuse my stock downpipe. My thought was that a full performance exhaust will be too much for the stock engine internals and I will see no benefit with stock compression. Will I see increased performance by adding the Weber 38/38, IE shorty, and Bosch 008? I don't want some fire breathing monster here, just something torquey and with a little added muscle. The main improvement I'd like to see over the stock 1bbl setup is a more "awake" engine.

1972 BMW 2002 Colorado #2577807<p>

2015 BMW M5 Competition 6-speed

2003 Audi TT Coupe 225