• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Stock Engine

GreenBeam

Sorry, buti have to ask. What is your definition of a Stock Engine? Once you define that, then the question can be answered on how to tune it.

steve k.

I read about people stroking their 02s?.......Does that mean dropping in an aftermarket stroker crank and increasing the overall displacement?

• Administrators
Sorry, buti have to ask. What is your definition of a Stock Engine? Once you define that, then the question can be answered on how to tune it.

steve k.

I read about people stroking their 02s?.......Does that mean dropping in an aftermarket stroker crank and increasing the overall displacement?

Ok, so that is why I asked the question. Your and my definition of Stock are different. To me, stock is where the parts in the engine are stock. And i think what you are talking about is just keeping the m10 block and going from there. Well, the possibilities are endless.

Higher compression pistons, cams, crank, valves, intake, and exhaust. All depends how much money you are willing to spend.

Get your 2002 FAQ merchandise from 2002FAQ Store

I went EFI, for about $1200-1500 or so (other work done out of the total bill, so that's my guess)... 105 hp at the *wheels* on a dyno, not a guess or wishful thinking... I don;t know what % is considered acceptable drivetrain loss for a 2002... it's about 15% on porsches, no idea here... Bone stock other than that, no cam, nothing...

Way more torque than before, but also better MPG and it starts every time, and the DTa brain will follow me all the way to a Turbo if I so choose... I don't know how that competes $ for $ with other mods, especially simple ones, but I am very happy with the overall package upgradeability and the disappearance of my $#% carb !

IMG_0649s.jpg

--------------------------------------------------------------

73 inka 2002 w/ fuel injection & 5 speed, LSD