• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Two Tone or not Two Tone...(a picture request)

rustdogbrown

I have a '68 2002 that will be getting a paint job soon and would like some opinions on two tone paint jobs. I will be lowering the car with H&R springs and running 14" steel wheels. Also, I was thinking of removing my belt line trim and plugging all the holes(opinions?).

Suggestions on a reputable body shop near Seattle are also welcome.

Rusty

What colors are you planning? I am going to run a maroon (honda dark cherry pearl) on the bottom and a flat black on the top. I pulled the trim and filled the holes and think it looks a lot cleaner but it is still stripped down right now so I am not sure what it will look like. So pretty much I am no help...

@Pine: True dat. hardly to notice that it is a two tone ! what colors ?

Cool Clean car ;)

(PS : i am not that religious , but whats the story with your signature ? :) ...)

@rustdogbrown : Keep it polairs silver ;)

bmwfans_userbar.png

-Living in the wrong side of the world ..

Cheers

Chatroom John

Thanks for the pics. Keep them coming. It looks the majority of the two-tone schemes have a secondary color that cover the hood, decklid and the body in between that sits above the belt line. But the secondary paint does not extend up the C-pillar and onto the roof. I like that.

I remember meeting a guy at the fest west that was finding and repainting 2002's in Arizona. As I recall, he would paint the A-Pillar, C-Pillar and roof one color(typically white) and the rest was an orig color. Anyone have a picture like this?

Thanks again...this will help convince the wife that a two-tone paint job can look good.

Rusty