• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Whats wrong with this engine?

MAD02

Be careful now. That's our LeMons car. It ran 9.5 hours of constant racing before the distributor rotor exploded - its only purely mechanical problem in 13 hours of racing. Too bad the ALMS M3 team can't say that and I bet it cost way more than $500.

The car ran as high as 1st and finished 19th out of 96 plus set one of the fastest laps of the race.

IT"S NOT NOW IT LOOKS - IT'S HOW IT RUNS!

Be careful now. That's our LeMons car. It ran 9.5 hours of constant racing before the distributor rotor exploded - its only purely mechanical problem in 13 hours of racing. Too bad the ALMS M3 team can't say that and I bet it cost way more than $500.

The car ran as high as 1st and finished 19th out of 96 plus set one of the fastest laps of the race.

IT"S NOT NOW IT LOOKS - IT HOW IT RUNS!

IT"S NOT NOW IT LOOKS - IT'SHOW IT RUNS!

Hey - is this the same animal highlighted in Roundel?

That has to have been the greatest experience ever. Any you guys almost made it to the end!

Has to be worthy of a movie.

I salute you

Is fuel efficiency really what we need most desperately? I say what we really need is a car that can be shot when it breaks down.

- George Carlin

CAW901 and others help put that together for the Texas lemons race. As CAW901 said, it ran great for around 9 hours straight then the rotor exploded. And yes, there are odd mods to it. No budget but the strong desire to win can make for strange combinations. I had a lot of Mazda and Ford parts laying around and used the "creatively". IE the air filter is a modified Miata air filter. It worked! The real treat was what I did to the suspension. I made 400 inch/lbs front springs and fully adjustable rear springs. I’m still a have poor welding skills but that did not stop me. For the important safety welding (cage) one of the other drivers who knows how to weld did most of that work. All in all, it was a lot of fun.

Thanks for letting me share

Never too late to have a happy childhood