• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

steering box

They make adapters to quicken your steering ration. Some guy on the BMW.co.uk has it on his race car.. red and gold race car. They are 100 bucks, and cut wheel turns in half!

They make adapters to quicken your steering ratio

True- google 'steering quickener' Speedway, Day Motorsports, Capitol, etc all have them...

You can get 2x or 1.5x- it's just a low- speed high torque gearbox.

Personally, I've always felt that I had bigger problems in my life...

t

"I learn best through painful, expensive experience, so I feel like I've gotten my money's worth." MattL

They make adapters to quicken your steering ratio

Personally, I've always felt that I had bigger problems in my life...

t

You almost made me spill my coffee! It's so true though...I am with you on this one. I have driven a couple cars with the CR, and I couldn't tell the difference. I think, I kind of felt it on one tight turn, that's all. The same thought applies to a lot of different upgrades, in the whole scheme of things there are only a few I could honestly say: that's was worth the money and effort.

FAQ Member # 91

i have one in my M2. i paid 500 for it and besides looking down by the side of the motor and seeing its red im not sure its worth the money. im not sure i can tell much difference between my 2 cars. i guess its a nice piece to have but if i were building a driver i wouldnt consider it worth it

www.BluntTech.com
FAQ Supporting Vendor
 Sales@BluntTech.com

yeah, the speedway motorsports adapter.

I dont know I think $100 would be worth it, compared to 500 Dollars. Especially if you get the 2X ratio

Hmmm, IMHO the CR box is worth its price, especially with a smaller diameter steering wheel. I don't know about the "quickeners" out there though.

Best Regards, "Z"

Professionals are predictable; it's the amateurs you have to watch out for, you never know what they are gonna do!

Murphy was a Grunt

Hmmm, lock to lock is what changes. So, steering wheel diameter only changes the amount of force of input, that, being greater with the smaller steering wheel gives a "sportier" feel? If I remember correctly the standard box is 2.75 turns lock to lock where as the QR box is 1.75.

I am now more confused?!?

Best Regards, "Z"

Professionals are predictable; it's the amateurs you have to watch out for, you never know what they are gonna do!

Murphy was a Grunt