• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

icustum m20/2002

robdaehn3

Here's my 2002, she isn't complete, she needs finish body work and paint (Our beautiful baby girl arrived and paint will have to wait). my 2002 contains:

ENGINE- fully built port/ polished m20 w/transmission(custom trans tunnel/ support)

followed w/e30 drive line and LSD,custom 2 to 1 to 2 mandrel bent 3 inch exhaust piping, all UUC billet short shift components, powder coated valve cover/intake, E36 318is radiator,stanless fuel/return lines, E30 318 fuel pump, complete custom wiring: VW Jetta fuse box, No wires visible in the engine bay, all wires+coil+battery connect neatly put away underneath the dash .

STEERING-320i rack 'n pinion, E30 steering colum and steering nuckles.

BRAKES-Wilwood calipers/rotors/ proportioning valve, Lee's hats/brackets/lines, Compbrakes hydraulic handbrake,Complete E30 brake/Gas pedel assembly + throttle cable,TII booster, 750 master,all new stanless lines.

INTERIOR- Sparco seats, steering wheel,pedals, shift knob,Auto power rollcage.

BODY- Carbon fiber hood/trunk lid,Carbon fiber front/rear spoilers,H4 headlight w/ HIDs, Vitaloni Sebring Mach 1 Mirror ,Euro turn signals.Custom steel rear wheel flares,Underside of the car is completly resealed and painted(I wish I could say the same for the top of the car).

SUSPENSION-Rear/ ProComp threaded andjustable shock, Front E30 M3 Koni 16way adjustable+Ground control threaded sleeve w/Eibach springs all around+GC camber plates,AKG Motorsports solid rear subframe mounts+lower strut spacer,Ireland 22m Sway bar kit+ all Polyurethane bushings,Boxed rear trailing arms.

WHEELS- Custom Ordered offset SSR Professer2 Fronts-8.5X16 Rear-9.5X16photobucket/robdaehn3

post-16154-13667600935914_thumb.jpg

post-16154-13667600937213_thumb.jpg

post-16154-13667600938349_thumb.jpg

post-16154-13667600939599_thumb.jpg

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

SUSPENSION-Rear/ ProComp threaded andjustable shock, Front E30 M3 Koni 16way adjustable+Ground control threaded sleeve w/Eibach springs all around+GC camber plates,AKG Motorsports solid rear subframe mounts+lower strut spacer,Ireland 22m Sway bar kit+ all Polyurethane bushings,Boxed rear trailing arms.

Nice ride indeed , hope to see it finished soon :)

about the suspension , what front suspension are you running exactly ? E30 M3 full wishbones and so on ? (M3 E30 are 5 lug) :)

bmwfans_userbar.png

-Living in the wrong side of the world ..

Cheers

Chatroom John

Hi JohnV, I used the stock 2002 spindle, weld the spindle to a custom tube which is same circumference of a E30 M3 shock insert, then I used a Koni 16way adjustable shock insert.

nice idea , how high does it sit compared to stock height ?

BRAKES-Wilwood calipers/rotors/ proportioning valve, Lee's hats/brackets/lines, Compbrakes hydraulic handbrake,Complete E30 brake/Gas pedel assembly + throttle cable,TII booster, 750 master,all new stanless lines.

regarding the brakes , with a E30 pedal assemmbly , isnt there any possibility to fit a Golf Gti brake booster for example ? (will be slimmer and clears more room) , and of course more pics , sir !

Thank you,

John

bmwfans_userbar.png

-Living in the wrong side of the world ..

Cheers

Chatroom John

New shock height is an inch and half shorter then stock. The GTI booster can be used, in fact I considered a GTI booster but after looking at the two(2002 booster) both are very similar. The reason I chose the 2002 booster, 1-because it bolts straight to the e30 pedal assembly(after bracing the fire wall) 2- If you are considering larger brake you will like to use a master cylinder from a 750, it will bolt right on to the 2002 booster. For the pic's....I will post new photos as soon as I get the car back from the electrician. Thanks for taking interest in my project.