• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone seen this car in San Diego

Anthemavm

First impression for me is that this is a flip, (all CAPS, poor spelling), just a feeling.

The waist and belt trim is stick-on JC Whitney crap and, as stated in the ad, it has the wrong grilles. The front and rear glass do no have the lock strips installed.

Other than that it looks solid. Although there may be some other details I'm missing.

I'd definitely want to look at it in person if I was buying it, especially since it's a re-paint.

71, flat black

Beat to fit, paint to match.

Do what you love and you'll never work a day in your life.

"Some people spend a lifetime wondering if they made a difference, Marines don't have that problem" - Ronald Reagan

BEFORE I GET A MILLION QUESTIONS RE WHY DIFFERENT GRILLS HERE IS THE ANSWER: ONLY HAD ONE GRILL (WHICH LOOKED TERRIBLE) WHEN VEHICLE CAME INTO MY POSSION AND SINCE THE SOFT ALUMINIUM GRILLS COST 365 EACH THE LATER MODEL 2002 BLACK ABS GRILLS LOOKED MUCH BETTER AND I ALREADY HAD THEM IT WAS EASIER AND BETTER THIS WAY INSTEAD OF THE UGLY SOFT ALUMINUM ONES WHEN IF U JUST TOUCH THEM THEY BEND

Huh, and here I liked my aluminium grill all this time.

www.VintageAutobahn.com - BMW Parts & Vehicle Import

the belt line trim looks absolutely horrible, you would definitely need to move it or delete it completely.

and the late style grills look like shit on a roundie.

And the gauges are all fogged and look like shit.

Other little things make me wonder....

Like the seat rails that are rusty and then the seats that are brand new.

That and the engine bay looks pretty grimey...but you never know. usually engine bay pics are deceiving..

Well go check it out and let us know

'75 2002

Photobucket

It's been supposedly sold on Ebay 4 times since its appearance in Apr this year. Actually sold to the same Buyer twice! End price usually $6-$8k. Needs a good look at. Don't know how he got the "late" plastc grills to fit on an early nose panel, but, maybe it's a "late" nose panel also.

Les

'74 '02 - Jade Touring (RHD)

'76 '02 - Delk's "Da Beater"

FAQ Member #17

beware of this guy!! I bought my '76 from him 3 years ago. He lied about EVERYTHING. Upon delivery, the car wouldn't even start, never mind run. The engine was a mess. Brakes all gone, the list was very long. All the "new" parts, when uncovered, were all rusted & shot.

And guess what? 3 years ago he had to sell his '76 because of his divorce. (same mentioned on this one) The seller Hector is a serious dirtball.

I would have returned the car & taken him to court, had I discovered all the hidden problems much sooner.

1976 2002 Custom Dk Blue w/ Pearl

1975 2002A Sahara (sold Feb 2008)

SiteNamecopy.jpg

Skip this one, one of the previous times he tried to sell it on ebay I tried to go look at it and he cried about how precious his time was and tried to get me to make him an offer before he would let me look at it. I went back and forth a couple of times before I gave up.

My guess is that based on his location that it has a Tijuana paint job and interior (seats are probably stuffed with refuse, lol)

I wouldn't trust this guy as far as I could throw him, and as I recall it sold for 6,100 last time on ebay, not 10,200 and I believe his cars sell to the same person repeatedly with no negative feedback which would usually indicate that he has a friend that bids them up.

74 Golf