• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

wheel center bore

bingbong

Ok so Ive found some wheels, not exactly period correct but dam light and great price. But problem is they are build for an E30 first then fit a E21 and 2002. 15x7" with a 25ET BUT if they are built for an E30 the center bore will be too large. There fore I will have to run locators. This is a problem as they have to be custom made on a metal lathe!

MY MAIN QUESTION do I have to run center locators on my 2002 if the center bore of the wheels I want to run is for an E30???

IF so do they make locators over there in the US that are well priced?

holy negative camber batman!!!

02 Golf Yellow cruising the border of NSW/VIC!

tii pistons, 293, double valve springs, 40mm DCOE's, sump baffle, sway bars, lowered, 5spd, big brakes, 3pc wheels, bucket seats. Approx 150+hp

I thought this was the case. Dam shonky Australian's saying I need locators!

holy negative camber batman!!!

02 Golf Yellow cruising the border of NSW/VIC!

tii pistons, 293, double valve springs, 40mm DCOE's, sump baffle, sway bars, lowered, 5spd, big brakes, 3pc wheels, bucket seats. Approx 150+hp

Forgive the stupid question, but is it that the stock wheels are not hubcentric, or does the hub not protrude enough for hubcentric mounting? So the wheels mount lugcentric, and any size center bore can be used? Is there some small protrusion that would interfere with a very small bore wheel, and anything larger than the normal 57.1mm can be used, or is there no protrusion at all?

David

Flickr

'74 2002 - The project

'98 M3

'04 Duramax 2500HD

The hubs do stick out, but they are relatively small, (maybe 45 mm or so)

and are unmachined... so therefore, the hubs...

(wait for it)

are not hubcentric!

t

"I learn best through painful, expensive experience, so I feel like I've gotten my money's worth." MattL