• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ireland radiator

boldtu

I bought one a while back, nice piece, but it didn't fit. It was too thick and it hit my fan. They took it back and gave me a full refund, they said that sometimes the radiator they made wont fit because the bodies on our 02s can be damaged slightly preventing "proper" fitment. In my opinion, the 320 Behr radiator was one of the best mods I ever did, plus it is cheaper.

I'm running the IE Polished Alum Rad. I've heard they now have a thick and thin variant (the thin one coming about because many had fan-clearance fitment issues with the original 'thick' one). The IE assertion that everyone who couldn't fit the 'thick' one had had front end damage of some sort to their car seems off-base to me. More likely that engine/drivetrain locations and motor mounts are a factor, or that their 'test mule' car for the design had a larger than normal space.

This rad - thick or thin - is very nicely built, and has much greater cooling performance than any OEM rads I've had (I've had a turbo 02 rad previously, as well as an AC-equipped 02 rad - which I'm making my comparison from). I believe the 320 rad fits within the range of the above 2 cited OEM 2002 rads, performance wise. I believe Curt Ingraham's re-cored 02 rads are also superior to OEM rads.

Tom

Where we goin’? … I’ll drive…
There are some who call me... Tom too         v i s i o n a u t i k s.com   

Not a good product, made in China, not a good fit, fan may hit, I found the fins made of aluminum foil, very flimsy. Stick with a German product. Mine is in the back of my garage, junk. Kind of like their stainless exhaust system, made in China, you can imagine. These products with their origin in China remind me of those stainless tool chests at Costco, they look good and will work but they are not Snapon or even Sears. Just my experience.

Not a good product, made in China, not a good fit, fan may hit, I found the fins made of aluminum foil, very flimsy. Stick with a German product. Mine is in the back of my garage, junk. Kind of like their stainless exhaust system, made in China, you can imagine. These products with their origin in China remind me of those stainless tool chests at Costco, they look good and will work but they are not Snapon or even Sears. Just my experience.

You are quite misinformed, dear sir. ha!

Where we goin’? … I’ll drive…
There are some who call me... Tom too         v i s i o n a u t i k s.com   

Not a good product, made in China, not a good fit, fan may hit, I found the fins made of aluminum foil, very flimsy. Stick with a German product. Mine is in the back of my garage, junk.

Don't leave it in the back of your garage, offer it up for sale on the FAQ. There are plenty of people who have an opinion that's 180 deg from yours.

I for one think it's a GREAT product. It's an upgrade from the 320i radiator. It has more cooling capacity than the 320i. I had no problems installing it. Like the 320i, you'll need to drill holes on the driver's side of the radiator. I don't have a fan clearance problem because I'm running an electric fan, but I think mine would fit if I put the mechanical fan back in.

Regarding cooling capacity, it is probably more than what you need. I upgraded because the electric fan doesn't come on as often with the Ireland radiator compared to the 320i.

John Capoccia

Sierra Madre, CA

I think you passed by me on the freeway the other day

I had the white 71' with rear end damage going very slowly on the freeway

just wanted to say that your 70' is the reason that I bought my 02'

Dont be too mad if it looks a little like yours someday

I am in sierra Madre often, I would love to come by and see the cars if you have time

Chester Wamboldt

P.S. Thanks for the info on the ireland, there radiators seemed much higher quality than some of descriptions implied

+1 i installed mine at the track when my 320i radiator was overheating. In about 15min in-between race sessions.

mine did not hit my fan.

worked great.

here the pics.

http://bmw1602.lostbrazilian.com/v1/get_thumbs_on_fly.php?imgid=4935&nw=640&nh=480

http://bmw1602.lostbrazilian.com/v1/get_thumbs_on_fly.php?imgid=4934&nw=640&nh=480

and great price.......i'm happy customer.

68' 1602

98' ///M3 Sedan

88' ///M3 Sold *

06' ///M3 Competition Pkg Sold *

http://www.bmw1602.com/

topbanner.gif

I think you passed by me on the freeway the other day

I had the white 71' with rear end damage going very slowly on the freeway

just wanted to say that your 70' is the reason that I bought my 02'

Dont be too mad if it looks a little like yours someday

I am in sierra Madre often, I would love to come by and see the cars if you have time

Was that Thanksgiving evening? I was getting on the 210 from Irwindale? Sure, send me an email, I'll give you my address, would love to get together.

John Capoccia

Sierra Madre, CA

I just got my radiator rebuilt by Curt Ingraham at his Silicone Garage in Oakland. He even provides a new overflow tube, cap, and mounting screws. Beautiful.

i have 2 of them and they are awesome. support an enthusiast who backs his products.

www.BluntTech.com
FAQ Supporting Vendor
 Sales@BluntTech.com