• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

heating a (very) small garage

skylund

I have an attached, small, one car garage (so small that you cant open both doors all the way). The ceiling is finished (the attic is above it), but the sides are brick with one wall against the house. I'm renting so I can't install anything too drastic. Do you think one of those dinky electric heaters would be sufficient working in Utah winters? Other options?

'71 inka 'Ingrid'

Do you think one of those dinky electric heaters would be sufficient working in Utah winters? Other options?

no to the dinky electric heater...if i were you, i'd buy a kerosene heater from some place like home depot or lowes...they sell 5 gal cans of fuel and it'll do the job and more

i use one in my shop and it works very well

There are some decent electric heaters that would work fine...not a bathroom type heater tho.

I would stay away from kerosene...it stinks. A small propane torpedo heater would be best I would think.

1985 e28 w/LS1/t56 and a bit more...

1970 2002 w/ m42 swap

-Contact me for m42 mounts or e28 ls1 mounts-

www.classicdaily.net

I heat my garage in MA with a Rinnai Energysaver. I use the 1004, but you can use the 431. With 45 years in the heating business, the Rinnai's are the best heating appliance I've ever seen. Good value and great technology and reliability. Available in LP or NG and requires only a 3" hold through the wall, so it can go with you when you move.

Best one on the market today. Uses no more electric than a coffee pot plugged in all day. Clean & cheap.

Take it to your new home when you leave. Have used with great results and would recommend to anyone.

Cannot start a fire. Can touch as it does not get hot. Thermostat controlled.

The big one will do 1000 sq ft. Your garage needs the little one. I would invest in the big one and turn the thermostat down in the garage so you can use it as heat in your home.

No affiliation, just very pleased. Cut the home propane bill in half with little increase in electric bill. Cheaper than the electric baseboard heat I put in my garage.

http://www.edenpuresale.com/order.html

I HAVE BEEN USING A DINKY ELECTRIC HEATER FOR YEARS .

MY SHOP IS NOT INSULATED SO ANY ATTEMPT TO HEAT IT IS

SUCKED OUT THROUGH THE WALLS ANYWAY .

THE LITTLE HEATER DOES A GREAT JOB BECAUSE OF IT's PORTABILITY .

WHEN I WORK ON THIS SIDE OF A CAR I HAVE IT THERE BLOWING WARM AIR MY WAY . WHEN I MOVE AROUND , THE HEATER GOES WITH ME .

THIS WAY I DON'T NEED TO HEAT THE WHOLE BUILDING , JUST THE AIR

THAT IS NEAR ME . I ALSO WEAR SWEATSHIRTS THAT I BUY AT THE GOODWILL FOR $1.00 EACH IN THE SUMMER .

THIS WORKS PRETTY WELL FOR ME ALL THE WAY DOWN TO THE 20's

BELOW THAT , I STAY INSIDE .

reodor.gif