• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Boost Borthers M10 Turbo Manifold Review

PorpShow

Humm, let me share my experience with this kind of turbo arangement.

First, a turbo is a heavy mass. The manifold the way it is done make the turbo "hang" high in the air, and i am not mentioning the mass of the exhaust.

All this put a lot of stress on the manifold itsled, and anything bolted to an engine is subject to catch all vibrations and harmonics.

Some bracing must be made, from the turbo to the motor itself, and at the lower part of the manifold, to the engine mount location on the block.

The manifold must be seen only as the gas transportation, not something to hold the turbo or the exhaust.

The manifold will crack here and there without a doubt.

And for the seam edges inside, under the flange, there is a lot of heat stress right there. The welds must be perfect and well done. I had to weld mine at least 10 times to remove all hairline cracks. Well, i didnt welded that part, my friend with over 20 years of welding experience did it with its tig.

The way i see it it is not very close of the valve cover, mine amost touches it and the wastegate has created a bump on the inner fender wall.

Pictured is my manifold design before i installed a braket down low, in red.

Also a picture showing the top braket over the valve cover. I inspired myself on the Ford yba turbo engines into the escrort cosworth.

4-3547751.JPG

post-119-13667597239231_thumb.jpg

2006 530xi, 1974 2002 Automatic summer DD
1985 XR4TI, 22psi ±300hp
1986 yota pick-up, 2006 Smart FT diesel

The way i see it it is not very close of the valve cover, mine amost touches it and the wastegate has created a bump on the inner fender wall.

Pictured is my manifold design before i installed a braket down low, in red.

Also a picture showing the top braket over the valve cover. I inspired myself on the Ford yba turbo engines into the escrort cosworth.

{option}

Pat, nice design. Must be a bitch to adjust your valves!

Are you saying that you had to bump out the fender well to create clearance for the wastegate?

John Capoccia

Sierra Madre, CA

No, the wastegate did it by itself ;)

It dinged it by 1/2 inch at least, and as i said, it is very close to the engine/valve cover, so i cannot see how a T3-T4 would fit.

when i install the top torque brace the engine rock less so it is not an issue then.

I run the car 1-2 month a year. I dont adjust the valve that often. In fact, i dont remember when i adjusted them last time. Lack of care for sure, i only abuse this car.

2006 530xi, 1974 2002 Automatic summer DD
1985 XR4TI, 22psi ±300hp
1986 yota pick-up, 2006 Smart FT diesel