• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Damn wiring diagrams

carlfriedman

visually inspect the wire all the way up to the dash for any evidence of worn plastic sleeve. i've found a couple worn wires from rubbing before. all it takes is 30+years of contact with metal and slight pressure and the plastic coating can develop a small wear spot which will expose the wire.

that wire harness is channeled through some tight orifices from the trunk to back seat area and a small opening at the base of the rear seat, driver's side. it's also vulnerable along the rocker panel.

there's a short somewhere, gonna take some eyeballs and maybe a voltmeter to find it.

Former owner of 2570440 & 2760440
Current owner of 6 non-op 02's

& 1 special alfa

their respective taillight wiring--the left on on fuse 7 and the right one on fuse 8 on squarelights; fuses 1 & 2 respectively on 12 fuse roundies.

However, I'd check to see if they're wired into the license plate light circuit, as at least some of those cars have the Euro on-street parking light setup--where you can select a left or right turn with the turn signal lever when the ign is off, and the corresponding side parking and tail lights will illuminate, but not the side markers.

And I believe the side marker wiring connects into the main harness wires in the trunk itself, but you might want to check that...

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite