• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

sad sad san fran 02 picture!

Deutschman

look at this 02! so sad! i don't remember the exact story of this picture but i seam to remember that a drunk driver hit 5 or 6 parked cars in the castro one of which started burning. maybe some one ells in sf remember this news story it was in the conical (front page a year or so ago). i did not know at the time an 02 had been hit. looks to have been a really nice car to!

Photobucket

Cheers from the German!!!

newsig_zps3c66649e.jpg

If I remember correctly some douchebag ran a red light and killed the poor guy. Wonder what happened to the driver who caused this?

David G.
1989 Volvo 240 Wagon "Da Brick" Daily driver
1992 Nissan Sentra SE-R "Hitomi" Sleeping. Waiting for NEO VVL!!
1976 BMW 2002 "Diana" The never ending project!!!

Just looking at the damage, would have being an absolute miracle if the guy survived. Shame to see a nice car and probably a nice person go to waste

holy negative camber batman!!!

02 Golf Yellow cruising the border of NSW/VIC!

tii pistons, 293, double valve springs, 40mm DCOE's, sump baffle, sway bars, lowered, 5spd, big brakes, 3pc wheels, bucket seats. Approx 150+hp

I remember that from the news last year. Not a pleasant memory. If I recall, someone came barelling down the hill across Market from the direction of Corona Heights and Davies Medical Center and either ran into or knocked another car into a row of parked vehicles. The man in the '02 was killed. I don't know if the other driver was drunk or had a seizure/heart attack/fugue of some sort, but I would hesitate to pass judgement. I didn't want to remember that, but it's a good reminder that it could happen to any one of us.

--Steve

'73 2002tii Agave green #2763558