• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone run this wheel? Have pics or opinions?

moljeski

Sears (yes, Sears) has this wheel. After an exhaustive search, this is the ONLY reasonably priced wheel (with the correct offset - don't want to use spacers - just extra weight and $) that I can find so I can use my brand new Toyo Proxes (14"). What do you guys and gals think? It sort of has the "snowflake look". Not too modern... I don't like BBS style wheels and 8 spokes are too pricey for me (unless someone wants to sell me a set in 14" and correct offset for less than $350.00 - shipped). Any other suggestions out there? I can not spend any more than $100 per wheel and these are only $70.00!... Thanks!

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_09513291000P?vName=Automotive&cName=Custom+Wheels&sName=All+Wheels

1976 '02 - My first...

Maybe you could find a nice set of used E30 bottlecap alloys (I know. . .they look nice but it's been done a couple times before. . .). Other than that, I don't know. That particular wheel looks nice, but I wouldn't touch it with a ten-foot pole if it was made in China (which it might be at that price).

Just my '02 cents.

Rob Capiccioni

1974 BMW 2002

2003 Ducati Monster 800S

2007 Acura TSX

those look like they might be TSW's... if so, I got some 5 spokes (similar to sear's style 11) from tire rack quite a while ago on a whim because they were cheap (70 bucks) and i needed some tires. I get compliments on them all the time and they've performed well. i think mine were 30 offset as well... i think. And they fit with my larger volvo caliper upgrade.

My 195/60/14's fit easily... although now that I'm doing paint along with suspension mods... i may want to fill up the tire well a little more (eyeing the rota RBs).

Oh, one thing I don't like about them (and it looks like your wheels have the same issue)... the spokes poke out beyond the lip... don't get too close to curbs. I used to pride myself at knowing exactly where my tires were while driving... i've done since lost my pride.

Rob

1966 Mustang vert - 5.0EFI/AOD & mods

1975 '02 - the typical upgrades (my 'new' car)

Mine are very similar, but they're a brushed metal (almost have a gray tint to them on the face) instead of being all chrome. If you're looking to see how they look on a 2, here you go.

PICT0010.sized.jpg

Oh yea, and mine are 15's.

More pics here.

http://gallery.xfiler.com/view_album.php?set_albumName=2002-Alive

http://gallery.xfiler.com/view_album.php?set_albumName=Cars

-=Scott=-

My Short Bus

rotate.php

1971 2002 - "William Grover-Williams" - Track/Weekend Car VIN 2579197

1998 740iL E38 - "Blau" - Daily Driver

http://gallery.xfiler.com

My opinion has NOTHING to do with price. I just don't care for ANY of China's political or environmental policies, not to mention all of the American jobs shipped over there just to save a few bucks and fatten profits for people who already make too much money. It's a damn shame when you go to the store to purchase almost anything and it says "made in China". I shopped around for 20 different gas grill models and ALL of them were made there--I had to settle and I'm sick of it. Not to mention quality control, or complete lack thereof. That's a whole other topic I don't have time for right now. You all know what I'm talking about--tainted milk, lead in toys, screw and bolt holes that rarely line-up when you put something together from over there. It goes on and on. . .

Rob Capiccioni

1974 BMW 2002

2003 Ducati Monster 800S

2007 Acura TSX

Thanks for all the responses! And thanks a ton for the pictures. Those look GOOD. Me likey! I appreciate all the help! I'll post pics when I get them on - they should look a ton better than my played out bottle caps...

1976 '02 - My first...

I really would like to see what they look like with a nice reflective surface on them, so please do post pics. I know mine are a little different, but the pattern is incredibly similar. I like the look of mine, I'm just not sure if I want to leave them with the brushed look, or perhaps give them a nice shiny surface, or paint them.

-=Scott=-

My Short Bus

rotate.php

1971 2002 - "William Grover-Williams" - Track/Weekend Car VIN 2579197

1998 740iL E38 - "Blau" - Daily Driver

http://gallery.xfiler.com