• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

how about a set of....

esty

vintage imports - even on cars you wouldn't normally associate with whitewall tires.

A few weeks ago a 356A Porsche coupe (57-58 vintage) passed me going the other way - looked like a fresh restoration in ivory with chrome wheels, wide whites, and a chrome luggage rack. Could have rolled right out of a '50's magazine ad - all it needed was the stylish 50's lady in the big floppy hat, tailored shirt-dress and heels next to it.

Barry Allen
'69 Sunroof - sold
'82 E21 (daily driver), '82 633CSi (wife's driver) - both sold
66 Chevy Nova wagon (yard & parts hauler)

Hi Esty, that's my car on Ebay right now with the wide whites. If you're serious about a set and would like to know where to get them from... I got mine from mooneyes. I love white walls and I think they would look awesome on your car, maybe paint some early steelies a light tan/camel color to go with your color combination.

-Cyrus

Hi Esty, that's my car on Ebay right now with the wide whites. If you're serious about a set and would like to know where to get them from... I got mine from mooneyes. I love white walls and I think they would look awesome on your car, maybe paint some early steelies a light tan/camel color to go with your color combination.

-Cyrus

cyrus...thanks a ton for the inspiration...several of my classic pieces of american steel have wide whites on them and they all happen to be 2 tone cars as well...

today i put on a set of steel wheels with full wheel covers and immediately thought that it would work best with whitewalls...

then tonight i see your car...which i love BTW

i may have to buy a set of port-a-walls just to see...i can easily find tires but that's a bigger investment just to see what she would look like

good luck with your ebay auction

I have a buddy that does some pretty cool stuff with VWs. He made these wide whites. Sanded the letters and any marking off and painted the whites with some special paint designed to do just this. He has done multiple sets with good results. Here is one of his cars....

P1030388.jpg

Lots more here... http://www.c3customs.com/

1985 e28 w/LS1/t56 and a bit more...

1970 2002 w/ m42 swap

-Contact me for m42 mounts or e28 ls1 mounts-

www.classicdaily.net