• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Will trade food....

new2the02

I need someone who knows more about my car in the bay area to help me a bit to retune my car after the smog testing wich I passed. I can do a little bit but I could use a little help in person. Carb, timing valves, almost everything. My brakes are also shot. Im not asking you to do the work I want to do the work, just help get to where I need to be with your knowledge. Im broke but have beer and Im a professional chef. With fine dinning experience. I'll cook for you and your wife clean your kitchen better then it was when I showed up and then get out so you guys can do your thing. I geuss its my way of meeting a few 02ers and showing off a bit with my food abilities. And making Bernice run a little better.

i'll bite...

pun intended.

i'm in marin and working on my beach every weekend (where my tools are). i've got the requisite tools and most importantly, a ready BBQ and a killer location.

i may even ask you to lend a hand in moving a rock or two with me and my helpers.

i was planning on tuning my 02 up as well.

jerryallsmanATyahooDOTcom

Former owner of 2570440 & 2760440
Current owner of 6 non-op 02's

& 1 special alfa

Sorry man. Somebody beat you to the rear brakes I was giving out, but if he flakes on them, you're welcome to have them.

I'd have no trouble showing you a few things. These cars aren't that difficut to work on, it's just the courage to get greasy up to your armpits. Take stuff apart with the mindset that it's going to take twice the time you expect it to take, it'll go back together in the reverse order (because you paid close attention to how it came apart), it'll get new parts, and it's going to work right the first time. I don't know what your schedule is like, but we could work something out.

Make it different... or just do it differently

Bill in Petaluma, CA

1969 1600 supercharged m20 in progress

1970 2002 RIP -- crashed then quartered

1971 2002 M20/02 RIP -- nothing but pieces now

1972 2002 gone, but not missed POS

Well it looks like we might need to have a tuneup party/bbq I'll cook if you guys help me fix a few things. Might need a little donation also for a few pieces of meat and or vegetables. BYOB right? Can we make this a Bay Area 02 event? If I lived somewhere other then an apartment complex that has issues when I so much as check my tire pressure we could totally do it at my place. Jesus I need a house, then food would be on.

Well it looks like we might need to have a tuneup party/bbq I'll cook if you guys help me fix a few things. Might need a little donation also for a few pieces of meat and or vegetables. BYOB right? Can we make this a Bay Area 02 event? .

an 02 gathering on my beach is one of those items i'd like to do before i die, sort-of-thing...

there's a couple folks from the board who can vouch for me when i say it could probably accomodate around 15-20 02's

if only i could get the necessary permits to complete my workshop i could clean up the shit-hole and make it halfway presentable. until then i suppose i'll just keep stacking my rock wall.

btw, we did BBQ about 60 oysters from tomales bay last saturday, yum!!!

& 1 special alfa

Im so all over this. When do you need some help moving some giant rock. Im down to cook, down to bbq. Working on my car could be an after thought I just dig eating and cooking with people that have similar interests. But responsibly I probably atleast need to bleed my warn out brakes.

Well it looks like we might need to have a tuneup party/bbq I'll cook if you guys help me fix a few things. Might need a little donation also for a few pieces of meat and or vegetables. BYOB right? Can we make this a Bay Area 02 event? .

an 02 gathering on my beach is one of those items i'd like to do before i die, sort-of-thing...

there's a couple folks from the board who can vouch for me when i say it could probably accomodate around 15-20 02's

if only i could get the necessary permits to complete my workshop i could clean up the shit-hole and make it halfway presentable. until then i suppose i'll just keep stacking my rock wall.

I think you're all right on with this line of thinking. Bring beers and tools, turn a wrench and flip a burger.

Oysters are nice too.

Why aren't the Bay Area gatherings of this nature? take more advantage of more than a parking lot. Tamalpias could be a good rogue event location.

post-2154-13667595018027_thumb.jpg

But what do I know

I think you're all right on with this line of thinking. Bring beers and tools, turn a wrench and flip a burger.

Oysters are nice too.

Why aren't the Bay Area gatherings of this nature? take more advantage of more than a parking lot. Tamalpias could be a good rogue event location.

I'll be working on and around my 02 tomorrow (sunday) helping my nephew and another guy rebuild heater boxes. anyone else want to turn wrenches and enjoy a day on the shoreline come on by. could have an impromptu BBQ as the grocery store is not too far away.

BTW, i'm located near the the midpoint of the areal photo shown above on the rightmost shoreline. my email is posted earlier.

newtothe02, bring your car, spark plugs, condenser, points and ambition.

no rock work tomorrow due to a mishap with one of the helpers. those things are big, heavy and very dangerous....

& 1 special alfa

• 3 weeks later...

Jerry sorry I was a flake, but would love to reschedule this thing. Im a damn good cook and Im ready to hang with people who can get excited about the little things I've done. Help someone with wiring or cook some food. Anytime your doing this again I'll meet you there with some meat and a wrench.

That goes for anyone else also who's down for this sort of thing, just tell me where on a weekend and Im on my way.