• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bmw 2002-73

mickem02

Hi,

Someone care for some pics of my project from Sweden? :)

This is my project and I bought 3 years ago. It´s been repainted twice and the first time in the early eighties. Overall it´s in a good shape.

This is my plan:

Bilstein Sprint shocks

Jamex sportsprings, lowers about 2 inches.

Urethane bushings

My new engine of course! =)

E12 head with Schrick 304 degr camshaft

Oversized Tii pistons

Dual Weber 45

Step Headers and a 2,5" exhaust with one or two mufflers.

My goal is the make a daily driver in the summer with a strong engine and a thight chassi.

With BBS Split rims

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

With Smoor Performance rims

Photobucket

Engine rebuilt:

E12 head with Dr Schrick camshaft

Photobucket

Polished rods

Photobucket

Oversize Tii pistons

Photobucket

Photobucket

Thx,

Micke

Photobucket

Beatiful car. In style it is very much what I'm targeting in my "Goodfellas Streetmachine"- project. Even the wheels are just what I'm dreaming about!

Welcome on board.

Tommy

Racing is Life - everything before and after is just waiting!

is the blue stuff clay? to check valve to piston clearance? how much clearance did you have?

Thanx for the nice feedback! :)

The rims called SMOOR Roadster and I bought them in Germany. 8*13 wheels with 195*45*13 tires. Looks kinda crazy. ;)

Photobucket

I haven´t enough clearance between valve and pistontop so i have to modify the pistontop. The blue thing is clay to check clearence.

//Mike

Photobucket

Nice, nice, nice! A sparkling example!

Be proud and be loud.

Regards,

Randy Bryant

Elkton, VA

USA

"To live life without belief is more terrible than dying...., even more terrible than dying young." Joan of Arc

"It is not a sign of good health to be well adjusted to a sick society." J. Krishnamurti

The clutch release bearing you will need to use is on from a E21 323i to work with the 228mm flywheel. To me it looks like there is a part missing from the front case of the transmission you have, like someone has cut a piece out on the bottom of the bell housing.

Where in Sweden are you from? I have a good friend from Trollhättan that visits the US every year. I hope to go to Sweden next year during the summer time. Skål!

~Henry Hsu

'74 2002 Tii Golf Vin# 2780100

golf2002ql6.gif

The clutch release bearing you will need to use is on from a E21 323i to work with the 228mm flywheel. To me it looks like there is a part missing from the front case of the transmission you have, like someone has cut a piece out on the bottom of the bell housing.

Where in Sweden are you from? I have a good friend from Trollhättan that visits the US every year. I hope to go to Sweden next year during the summer time. Skål!

Thank you for that information! So bearing from 323 it is. Yes, that´s correct. The previous owner has cut a piece out, but I don´t know why! I don´t think it gonna effect the function though.

I´m from Stockholm. Sweden is nice during the summer, but this summer it has rained alot!

regards

Micke

Photobucket

• 3 weeks later...