• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bmw 2002-73

mickem02

• 3 months later...

Good stuff! My wife and I plan to come to stockholm, amongst other places this summer, probably July, for our first big trip together. Her mother is full Swedish but grew up in Austin, TX. We should definitely get together when we come!

Matt

FAQ member #4044

• 3 weeks later...
Good stuff! My wife and I plan to come to stockholm, amongst other places this summer, probably July, for our first big trip together. Her mother is full Swedish but grew up in Austin, TX. We should definitely get together when we come!

Matt

Hi Matt,

ofcourse we should get together when you're visiting Stockholm. I live just outside and only 10 minutes with the subway from the centralstation. Just give me a hint when it's time.

//Micke

Photobucket

• 1 month later...

gaaah...I just can´t take it anymore...! I just want to get out on the roads! This winter seem to never end. :(

I have just started my 5-speed conversion and this forum is filled with good reading and great people with much knowledge. Thanks guys!

The driveshaft has been shortened and balanced in a workshop. The tranny got Redline oil, new realese bearing, realese bearing arm and a new clutch slave cylinder.

The only thing left to do is mount the tranny. :)

I also found this steering wheel...what do you think?

IMG_0782.jpg

I get back with pictures..

Photobucket

that wheel is very macho--hotroddish. very tough. i like it.

oh yeah, we've narrowed down the trip to a couple weeks in mid to late june. the weeks of june 12-25 we'll be in and around sweden. not sure what days we'll be in stockholm yet. hopefully the five-speed is rockin by then!

matt

FAQ member #4044

• 2 weeks later...

Yes Matt, it will be rockin! ;)

The tranny was mounted this weekend and it all went very well...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I used a homemade measuretool to get the driveshaft lined up. It's now totally in line and all set up for a testdrive!

The next step is to upgrade the brakes to bigger things...

regards

Photobucket

• 2 weeks later...

Niice! Things are going along well it seems with your 02. As for me, we're getting our trip plans rolling. We leave Houston, Texas on June 12 planning to arrive in Stockholm on the 13th some time. We'll spend that week in stockholm then go to the country where our agent suggested Mora for 4 nights. What do you think? Any favorite rural places? We're open to ideas. We don't mind more quaint hole-in-the-wall type places either. Our agent has us in the Hotel Rica in Stockholm and I was surprised how high it was. But I know we're getting some sort of deal through her.

Let me know!

Matt

FAQ member #4044

Niice! Things are going along well it seems with your 02. As for me, we're getting our trip plans rolling. We leave Houston, Texas on June 12 planning to arrive in Stockholm on the 13th some time. We'll spend that week in stockholm then go to the country where our agent suggested Mora for 4 nights. What do you think? Any favorite rural places? We're open to ideas. We don't mind more quaint hole-in-the-wall type places either. Our agent has us in the Hotel Rica in Stockholm and I was surprised how high it was. But I know we're getting some sort of deal through her.

Let me know!

Matt

Hi Matt,

Mora is nice! How do you get there? By car or by flight? If you go by car you will see a lot of "hole-in-the-wall" places...;)

I hope my car is rookin by then! My son is now 9 months old and take lots of attention and time.

Cheers Micke

Photobucket

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...