• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WHAT A FIND.

1slow2002

well the other night i pulled up to a sunoco where a bunch of guys where hangin out waiting to hear the word on where everyone was gonna go to race that night and this guy with a nissan 240 sx pulls up gets out and says hey man nice car.

he then tells me his dad has a 74 2002 project car he wants to sell, i thought at this point he was just running his mouth. he said it was going to be an auto cross car but he decided to fix up his 320i instead. i gave him my number and told him to call me when he finds out how much his dad wants for it. well 2 days ago i get the call and he says he wants 500 bucks, i figure just about any 2002 is worth 500 so i decide to go take a look at it.

when i get there i c the 2002 under a cover in the garage. so he pulls the cover off and c a 2002 nearly ready for paint with turbo flares and minilight wheels, its lowered and has freshly redone interior( but its ugly bright yellow and black) so at this point i already know im going to buy the car even the wheels are worth 500 bucks but i ask to c under the hood anyway, there lies a stahl header and a set of weber dcoe 45s. i asked him what was done to the motor and he said stock internals but it was rebuilt and has 0 hours. i asked him why he was selling it and he said "i have too many toys". i wanted to hug the guy but i decided to play it off like a decent deal so he wouldn't decide to up the price.

i am going to get a trailer first thing in the morning and am picking the car up at noon should have picks up tomorrow night.

my camera isnt working but it is pooring here anyway and i dont want to take the car out from under the cover and tarps untill it is dry because there is exposed primer that will soak up moisture.

other things i found the car had earlier today when i got it home, not sure if its a good thing but it has a 1984 head on it, casting says 84. it also has the mechanical advance dizzy which i had been searching for for my other 2002.

the huge rust hole in the spare tire well he told me about which i didnt look at till today is about the size of a baseball. in the trunk i found all new window seals, new tail lights and lenses still in the bmw boxes. my 2002 has had about 5 fuel tank repairs due to rust and it keeps springing new leaks well this car has what looks to be a literally brand new tank, no rust no paint chipping dosnt even have a rough texture on it like old paint gets.

it almost seems too god to be true.

if this damn hurricane ever goes away i can at least get you guys some cell phone pics of it. it isnt the best lookin thing in the world but it is the best looking 500 dollar 2002 iv ever seen.

nah my 74 has cracked ones and the new car has none in it right now so relly i to could use another set of new ones lol.

update. i tried to start it up today and found that either the carbs need to be rebuilt or it has a high pressure fuel pump.

as soon as i turned on the key the fuel pump went nuts and fuel started running out the overflows on the carbs.

i bought rebuild kits online for 22 bucks each. also found the the manifolds are stock ti peices and the head is an 84 e12 head and unless they come stock gasket matched and smooth on the ports it has had some porting and polishing done. need some velocity stacks and air filters, looking into the twm carbon peices.

camera is worthless im gonna try to take pics on my cell phone but quality is going to be poor.