• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Has anyone dealt with 2002AD?

Fulanorock

Hey Gals and Guys,

Hoping you're all well and driving like crazy people. I do have a question;

Has anyone dealt with 2002AD. If so, what has been the experience? Are they reputable? Do they deliver on time? Do they make the necessary repairs, follow-ups, etc?

Please let me know.

Thanks,

Danny

overall, they have a reputation of being extremely slow..i mean slow to the point that you may never actually receive what you paid for...and they are very non-responsive to any follow-up attempts

personally...i won't ever do business with them again....

in fairness, i'm certain there are some happy and satisfied customers around

Gee whiz! i wish I knew that before I smacked down a nice chunk of money on a 73 '02. He did some work, but, there are some still some major issues and a light went off in my head... and inside the car. I hope to resolve all this. Thanks for the warning!

Guest Anonymous

they serviced my car 4 years ago... awful. almost overcharged me for strut installation and had some young guy that never worked on a2002 before install my motor. the top mechanic was overwhelmed and the front desk people were clueless.

Do a forum search, I'm sure you will many people who are appalled by their business practices( myself included). If 2002ad were the only place to buy 02 parts, I'D SELL MY CAR..........

MJ

75 2002

76 2002

71 F250 camper special

Gee whiz! i wish I knew that before I smacked down a nice chunk of money on a 73 '02. He did some work, but, there are some still some major issues and a light went off in my head... and inside the car. I hope to resolve all this. Thanks for the warning!

Don't feel bad. It seems to be an initiation rite of 02 ownership to be schnookered by 2002AD.

67 Caribe 1600

76 Ceylon 2002

2002AD has one of the best supplies of used '02 parts anywhere . . . indeed they have been slow in the past, but I was there recently and saw Ben's efforts to organize and improve (and their #1 mechanic has been working on '02's since before a good number on this FAQ were born)

As with any vendor, define specifically what you want and when you want it - those who don't and then complain after the fact, well, that's naive.

2002AD has one of the best supplies of used '02 parts anywhere . . . indeed they have been slow in the past, but I was there recently and saw Ben's efforts to organize and improve (and their #1 mechanic has been working on '02's since before a good number on this FAQ were born)

...and if you believe that, I can refer you to an awesome place in Canada to purchase carpet sets.

What AD has is:

1. A name that puts them at the top of most alphabetic listings.

2. An unexplainable phenom where a gang of Cali cronies that say wonderful things about a place that was once good but no longer is.

3. A low inventory and a routine of backordering purchases in what seems to be quarterly increments, without informing purchasers that their orders are backordered.

As with any vendor, define specifically what you want and when you want it - those who don't and then complain after the fact, well, that's naive.

Really? A parts buyer shouldn't have to tell any vendor that they want/need their purchases to be shipped immediately. The standard of the industry is the vendor has an obligation to inform the purchaser if they are backordering, and give the purchaser the opportunity to approve the backorder or withdraw the order. 2002AD is the only vendor I have run across (that is still in business) who blatantly violates that standard.

Tell me something kbmb02, what is a purchaser in PA supposed to do when AD is sitting on a $500 order for six months and they can't even get the place to answer their phone? You should think twice about calling people naive for being shat upon by your cronies.

67 Caribe 1600

76 Ceylon 2002

WOW!! great information, and debate.

I guess it was a naive move on my part to take a person of his word regarding the sale of a car. Was it naive to find out later that it isn't in his name? Was it naive to have DMV tell me they wont release the title? Was it naive to have the left side completely out on a 1,700.00 stereo? I hope i don't get cut off on the way to the naive market, because there is no horn. But that wont be a problem since it didn't start today, the 2nd day I had her.

I have had cars on the east coast and dealt with better experience regarding the purchases and service. Including a rusty ass old 1800TI. 2002Ad were given definite dates and requirements via e-mails and still did not deliver.

I appreciate everyones feedback. You guys are certainly passionate about the '02. I will get what's due to me and take it somewhere else. I think I found a guy in Santa Monica.

Muchas Greasy,

Danny

Don't feel bad. It seems to be an initiation rite of 02 ownership to be schnookered by 2002AD.

i agree. BTDT. ordered some parts that never showed up. had to call them to ask them WTF. then the parts came in 2 separate shipments. understandable if they had to wait on something, but dude, LET THE CUSTOMER KNOW WHAT IS GOING ON. AND i just found out that i bought a windshield gasket from them that i could have gotten on eBay for half the price. weak. they must have a bad order tracking system there. poor management. baaaaaad for business in this day and age. i will not do business with them again unless it is a last resort.

Tell me something kbmb02, what is a purchaser in PA supposed to do when AD is sitting on a $500 order for six months and they can't even get the place to answer their phone? You should think twice about calling people naive for being shat upon by your cronies.

It doesn't take long in this world to see that not every business (or every person) meets our standards or expectations . . . I'm not sure anger, however, is the answer.

That said, my naive label was out of line. I hope your issue with AD gets resolved.

i used to get my car serviced by them when they were here in sunland. nothing but excellent service. i never had to make an appointment for any work as i was pretty close. id drop the car off, explain the problem go to work. if it wasnt done by that evening (as could be the case when you just drop in) id just go home (the bus stop across the street from them had a bus that would drop me one block from home.) and pick it up after work the next day.

of course that was up to about 2003.

my 2002 has not been my daily driver since about then, so if i was to go see them and see the same faces i was used to seeing, id gladly leave my car with them again. they did me good.

'O=00=O'

Long Live The Legend.