• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Peerless Primewell Tires?

TonyHavana

Since they are directional, I'm guessing they are are "H" speed-rated.

FWIW, because of DOT standards just about ANY tire that's "round and black" exceeds the quality and safety of your OEM Michelin XASs.

When I bought some new rubber for my '88 E30 325is a few years ago, I selected a set of "T-rated" Kumhos in the exact OEM size for about $25 ea. The salesman at the Tire Rack in South Bend, IN, made me sign a release because I was not buying a tire that was rated for my car.

Huh?

So, erring to caution, before I plunked down my bags full of rolled-up quarters, I looked up the speed ratings and the testing procedure established by the DOT. Seems that I would have to drive something like 117 mph for about 43 minutes to even come close to flirting with a tire failure.

The salesman, who was reluctant to sell me tires, seemed a bit surprised when I told him I wasn't planning to be driving at that particular rate of speed for such sustained periods. Further, asked him if by "upgrading" to a tire with an "H" or "R" or "ZR" rating, he was somehow providing sanction for me to drive in excess of the posted limit on the Interstate.

I merely signed the form.

The Tire Rack guys were just covering their behinds. Apparently, cheap-ass E30 drivers were buying $25. tires and running them in "Cannonball-type" high-speed coast to coast rallys...or something like that...anyway...

Hope that helps.

:)

Delia

1973 2002tii - gone

Inka (aka "Orange Julius")

1974 2002tii - gone

Polaris (aka "Mae West")

1991 318is (aka) "O'Hara")

Brillantrot - High Visibility Daily Driver

BMW CCA #1974 (one of the 308)

deliawolfe@gmail.com

They look round and black,

have a high treadwear ratingl, and

probably would work fine.

For that price, try 'em and let us know.

I wonder how they do in snow?

t

"I learn best through painful, expensive experience, so I feel like I've gotten my money's worth." MattL