• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2 Piston Brake Calipers

Harmonizer

oog. Try BLUNT on this board.

Those pads are tiny, as in, really small. As in, YIKES!

It'd be worth trying one of the various caliper upgrades...

I THINK you can use later 320 calipers.

But check me before you buy anything.

t

"I learn best through painful, expensive experience, so I feel like I've gotten my money's worth." MattL

Call Carl Nelson at LaJolla (see link)

If he doesn't have any, he will know what other cars they came on. Ate brand calipers of this period often were used by more than one manufacturer.

If you are totally unable to find another set, White Post Restorations may be able to resleeve and rebuild your calipers. I had them do my 2000CS calipers and master cylinder some years ago. Expensive at the time - $500, but may be competitive with new parts these days.

http://www.bimmerdoc.com/index.php

BMWCCA #2762
72 2002/71 2002ti, 67 2000CS, 2x 72 3.0CS
86 635, 2x 05 330Ci ZHP, 
'11 Corvette Grand Sport

I agree with Bill W.

Call "BILLY" at White Post - they perform excellent

rebuilding of ANY age brake/hyd components

to maintain your originality.

He was a vendor next to me many times at Import Carlisle -

I had the pleasure of meeting Billy and seeing first hand

many examples of his excellent results with hopeless

looking junk.

'86 R65 650cc #6128390 22,000m
'64 R27 250cc #383851 18,000m
'11 FORD Transit #T058971 28,000m "Truckette"
'13 500 ABARTH #DT600282 6,666m "TAZIO"

They were used on some Alfa Romeo's through the late 1970s. The pads are the same as early Porsche 911 and 912 along with some Volvos. The calipers were probably the same on these cars. Pep Boys may sell remanufactured units.They ar not very difficult to find. What is difficult to obtain on the 67 is the brake master and booster.

Contrary to popular myth, they work very well when functioning properly. No upgrade needed for normal driving. They work just as well if not better than later 4 piston models. My 67 works best. The only system that worked better is a large 4 piston Volvo caliper vented rotor set-up on a car I sold.

Slavs

• 7 months later...

Agreed - single line oldcar calipers/pads work fine. I'm researching some brake stuff for my car - 68 02, single line, etc etc etc - and keep reading about how people are scared of the awful single-line brakes and the pads are tiny and this and that and the other thing.

The single line stuff works FINE. There might be reasons to replace it (lighter), but for a daily driver or autocross car, singles are great.

.02c!

Iain

Hmmm, it's 'bring an old thread' back day...

My only experience with them is watching Brian Capp chew

through a set of pads in less than an hour at the track.

So I'm not exactly an authority. Even though I still think the pads

are

teeny tiny.

t

"I learn best through painful, expensive experience, so I feel like I've gotten my money's worth." MattL