• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

where can I find full info about the 2002ti?

mtriple

Tech would be ideal. Specs, differences what was used besides the twin solex to enhance the motor over the standard 02. The overall enhancements needed to make the ti what it is above the standard 02.

TIA

hamada

70Bristol02 E36M3 E34535im

It used different pistons (piano top, but not like tii) getting a 9.3 compression ratio. 89 mm bore, 80 mm stroke, stock cam, 120 hp at 5500 rpm. Stock 4-speed box, 3.64 open diff (cr box or lsd optional). Brake booster, boxed trailing arms and front brakes and struts like tii.

Need more?

moteur_ti.jpg

Dreamed I was an Eskimo.

It used different pistons (piano top, but not like tii) getting a 9.3 compression ratio. 89 mm bore, 80 mm stroke, stock cam, 120 hp at 5500 rpm. Stock 4-speed box, 3.64 open diff (cr box or lsd optional). Brake booster, boxed trailing arms and front brakes and struts like tii.

Need more?

moteur_ti.jpg

MOAAAAAAR! :)

70Bristol02 E36M3 E34535im

121ti cylinderhead: 42.1 pin-to-deck, 5.2mm dome (from bimmers.com)

Different steering wheel (like on E9's)

rev counter, clock in the center of the dash (but aluminum, not black like the tii clock), speedo to 220 km/h (instead of 2002's 200 km/h), no snorkel hole, 23 mm brake mc, bigger rear drums, brackets on inside left fender for the airbox (like tii). Erm... that's about all I can come up with right now. ;)

bmw2002ti_200707.jpg

Dreamed I was an Eskimo.

I've maintained a register of 2002tis and 1600tis that I took over from Richard JD Poole (who kept it for many years). I try to keep track of every real one that comes up, and sometimes I have info on the previous owner, etc.

As others have told you, the cars are similar to tiis in many ways. It is also important to point out that any real ti is a euro car, and might have some oddities more common to euro cars than US cars (radios, seats, wheels, lights, gauges, etc).

vince

Also had lighter panels, the hood and doors, not sure about the deck.

holy negative camber batman!!!

02 Golf Yellow cruising the border of NSW/VIC!

tii pistons, 293, double valve springs, 40mm DCOE's, sump baffle, sway bars, lowered, 5spd, big brakes, 3pc wheels, bucket seats. Approx 150+hp

i've been assembling parts for a ti-clone for a couple years now and perused a german web site and ti sales brochures for some of my info. as far as i can tell the ti specific parts include:

300 degree cam

ti-specific Bosch distributor (0 231 129 033) with a slightly different advance curve from the tii mechanical advance distributor.

6-fuse car only

early dash with chrome trim and ashtray in line with dash.

ti clock similar to tii clock except has a chrome trim ring and the Kienzle is in script writing not block letters.

head is a 121 variant with hi-comp bathtub pistons

4-bladed fan

carburetor linkage is specific to the ti and NLA last i knew.

as far as i can tell, the front struts, brakes and trailing arms are the same as tii's.

the steering wheel is different too, like a sport wheel with cutouts on the three arms.

Former owner of 2570440 & 2760440
Current owner of 6 non-op 02's

& 1 special alfa

The ti did not come with a 300 degree cam, but it is very possible some were installed after the car left the factory by dealers and owners. Close ratio 5 speeds and limited slip diffs were options, but could have also been added later. Same with the factory Recaro sport seats.

The rim of the clock is silver, not chrome, and the face is slightly different than the tii. It does have the euro dash and hard to find real short console, again being a euro car.

Yes, 4 bladed fan, etc.

vince

lowered battery tray to clear the air intake

yes, different booster and front calipers, rear assembly with boxed trailing arms.

bigger sways, front and rear.

limited slip (not optional?), cr 5-sp (optional)

also - euro turn signals and the small bumpers with the plate lights on the bumper not the rear face beside the plates

no side markers

chrome (plastic) dash strip

different steering wheel

0.5 extra width rims over stock 02 (IRRC...)

optional cloth insert seats front and rear

optional sunroof

you got the motor mods mostly, stock cam from the factory though, any change was from the dealer as Vince indicated.

JRLP (jp02ti)

(Son of previously mentioned RJDP...)

To add a little to all the above, euro headlights and flashers (single filament for flashers) and no position lights all around.

Some were delivered to Canada, like mine, as the regulation was apparently not the same as US, or more or less legally as I was also told.

Pierre

69 02ti

Pierre

69 02ti

91 318is