• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Diamond Wheels 13x7 or 13x8?

granth

From Ken:

>I have 13x8 steelies w/4.5" backspace, with 215-50-13s. Could >probably manage a 5" backspace as well.

How low is you car in the rear? Do the tires hit the fenders? I have wheels with 4.75 BS that work perfect, but Diamond only does 4.5 or 5.0 no .25 BS added to 4.5 to make 4.75.

thanks

grant

Is this post for me?

I have 13X8 with a 5mm off set. That might be close to 4.25 inch backspace. The tires (tyres) are 235/45/13.

Thanks for the info, but I think KFunk in Southeast Ohio has some diamond wheels. I do not have flares in the rear and ride height is about 6" with IE race springs and race shocks. So do you think 4.5" or 5" backspace? I do not want to hassle with spacers or flares, I have the fenders rolled up real good.

thanks

grant

Hey, thats me!

Yes... the rear fenders scrub just a bit of expensive rubber off the tires on occasion. I think its just on really hard corners or big bumps. I've tried beating the fenders into submission, but still I always seem to push the limits and rub on occasion.

I have regular H&R sport springs. What dimension are you measuring for 6"? I can run out with a ruler and measure on my car.

Perhaps though with your stiffer springs, you'd have less body roll and thus less fender rubbing.

In retrospect, personally I'd go ahead and order them with 5" backspacing. It'd be well worth it for the extra bit of tuck to avoid the fenders.

If it doesn't quite clear the trailing arm or strut housing, a very, very slight shim/spacer would be enough to make it work. You can make them out of old VW rabbit rotors if you're cheap like me (i posted a thread on this before, as I used them for other wheels).

Kevin (not Ken)

Bring a Welder

1974 2002, 1965 Datsun L320 truck, 1981 Yamaha XS400, 1983 Yamaha RX50, 1992 Miata Miata drivetrain waiting on a Locost frame, 1999 Toyota Land Cruiser

• 3 weeks later...