• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

OT:Any 02ers from Erie, PA? My son just got a job

Victor_PR

Great news, Victor!

Please give my congrats to your son and tell him I wish them the best. It's not easy to see them leave the island, but they have to grab the opportunities that come up while they're still young.

HarryPR

BMWCCA #19290

Hola Victor!

I grew up about 15 miles south of Erie, and my first 02 was bought by my father in 1972 at Alfred's Foreign cars in Erie.

See if he or you can locate "Wolfgang's Foreign Cars". Ole Wolfie was a teenager at the dealership under Alfred, while I played hide and seek behind tiis in the showroom. I haven't checked to see if Wolfgang's shop is still around - it's been YEARS - but he's old school BMW/Porsche repair.

Believe it or not - there's also a GREAT (caring, sympathetic,skilled) technician at NEW MOTORS (the Erie BMW dealership) by the name of Dennis Brewster, that might be able to help him. Since I moved to Baltimore and Alfred went into full retirement -he must be 80+ by now( if he's still with us at all) , Dennis has been taking very good care of my old man's 3.0 coupe.

Tell him Paul Wegweiser sent you.

Paul Wegweiser

Wegweiser Classic BMW Services

Nationwide vehicle transport available

NEW WEBSITE! www.zenwrench.com

Hey Paul, in effect, where my son is staying he's just about 5 minutes away from the BMW dealership. He arrived at Erie last Thursday and he was test driving a 2002 BMW 330i from the dealer- I guess the BMW bug is in his blood too!

I told him to look up the technician you mentioned.

Thanks!

Victor
SOLD - 1974 Automatic Sienabraun Metallic

Victor,

Email me I will be traveling to PR next month. I work for Mercedes-Benz and will spent some time at the dealership.

I have some local questions...Thanks Chris

Chris Hutton

72 02tii Ceylon 2761758

71 02 Sunroof Riviera 2574316

68 1600 Bristol 1565358

88 535is sold