• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Carma's 76 2002

carma

1976 2002

Body shaved

remote doors

trunk mounted battery

custom stereo with 7 inch touch screen and 10 in sub

train air horn with tank and compressor in trunk

metallic tint

5 speed

lowered with front and rear shock and strut braces (rears custom)

sport e30 seats

bla bla bla

I put a rebuilt motor in a few weeks back and have been messing around with the carb and timing a bit.

-.30 over with piano top 9.2:1 pistons, with the block decked and head decked to give about 9.5 to 9.7:1 @ least.\

-Ported and gasket matched head.

-Shrick 292 cam

-Ring cutter head gasket (no blown head gaskets here)

-Crazy can of worm heat wrapped header into full 2.5 back exhaust into an -Ansa polished muffler

-85 alt with internal regulator

-optical electronic ignition system (may go to MDS soon)

should be good for about 150horse @ least where it is

currently running a 38\38 down draft webber that is jetter heavy and hogged out. Was running a stock 38\38 and is just not enough gas. I am trying to avoid going to a dual side draft webber set up. It is cool and would add at least 25 horse, but is kind of a pain in the ass, needs tons of gas, expensive. May look into doing a fuel injection kit this winter.

Have been running around with an open 3.65 diff currently, but may go to a 3.91 welded for around town. Not sure what my tires will think.

IMG_4824.jpg

IMG_4832.jpg

IMG_4835.jpg

IMG_4829.jpg

I am working on a few more motors. I may turn a couple of flywheels down too. The one in my car is like 13 pounds. Just sold one we had at 17 pounds. No vibration issues.

The two motors are about 1\3 way there. Both are being set up as HO motors with high compression (around 150 horse to 170ish we hope)

Any one need one?

Welded diffs can be fun but aren't great for car control when cornering. They also like to "let go" in catastrophic fashion when the time comes. You might get lucky in the ATL area and find a 320i LSD without paying an arm and a leg. (as on Ebay nowadays)

Here's another shaved '02 for ya'...

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Budweiser...It's not just for breakfast anymore.

Avatar photo courtesy K. Kreeger, my2002tii.com ©

awesome car. Loved the clean shaved look (lol)

I like the drip rails body color. Almost shaved mine off but wasn't sure. May go back and do it after all. I have been having a blast with her so far. My other car is an 1991 850 so they are two totally different car, great in there own ways. I took the 8 off the road for some serious modification and have to admit. Don't really miss it, cause the 02 is so much fun around town. I do miss the A\C I must admit

The car in my photo belongs to Chris "Herkjerk" Frantz, now of Okinawa, Japan. He was concerned about the legality of the shaved components in Japan when he imported it from the States but they certified it there so I assume he's driving it daily. Personally, I can't do without my door handles (LOL, no offense) but it DOES make for a clean look if it suits your tastes.

Budweiser...It's not just for breakfast anymore.

Avatar photo courtesy K. Kreeger, my2002tii.com ©

Yeah, your diff dunna wanna be welded.

The halfshafts can't take it. And it will do odd things

(like go straight) in driving around town when you least expect it.

LSD is the only trip for you...

t

"I learn best through painful, expensive experience, so I feel like I've gotten my money's worth." MattL

1976 2002

Body shaved

remote doors

trunk mounted battery

custom stereo with 7 inch touch screen and 10 in sub

train air horn with tank and compressor in trunk

metallic tint

5 speed

lowered with front and rear shock and strut braces (rears custom)

sport e30 seats

bla bla bla

I put a rebuilt motor in a few weeks back and have been messing around with the carb and timing a bit.

-.30 over with piano top 9.2:1 pistons, with the block decked and head decked to give about 9.5 to 9.7:1 @ least.\

-Ported and gasket matched head.

-Shrick 292 cam

-Ring cutter head gasket (no blown head gaskets here)

-Crazy can of worm heat wrapped header into full 2.5 back exhaust into an -Ansa polished muffler

-85 alt with internal regulator

-optical electronic ignition system (may go to MDS soon)

should be good for about 150horse @ least where it is

currently running a 38\38 down draft webber that is jetter heavy and hogged out. Was running a stock 38\38 and is just not enough gas. I am trying to avoid going to a dual side draft webber set up. It is cool and would add at least 25 horse, but is kind of a pain in the ass, needs tons of gas, expensive. May look into doing a fuel injection kit this winter.

Have been running around with an open 3.65 diff currently, but may go to a 3.91 welded for around town. Not sure what my tires will think.

IMG_4824.jpg

IMG_4832.jpg

IMG_4835.jpg

IMG_4829.jpg

I am working on a few more motors. I may turn a couple of flywheels down too. The one in my car is like 13 pounds. Just sold one we had at 17 pounds. No vibration issues.

The two motors are about 1\3 way there. Both are being set up as HO motors with high compression (around 150 horse to 170ish we hope)

Any one need one?

He, carma! Is this your car? (Edit: For some reason pics didn't show the first time I saw your post)

Image-102702-1233502-IMG_4817.jpg

If so, my daughter took her car to your shop a few months ago ('93 325i) and was very happy with the work you did. she did mention to me about the '02 at the shop.

HarryPR

BMWCCA #19290

Yes, I am the owner here at Carma Motorsports. So glad to hear that your daughter was happy with the work at my shop. We are a small BMW shop and try to be straight forward and honest. We love cars, and I really love old cars. Seems like not too many shops want to work on the old ones. Oh, it just dawned on me, your daughter must be Michelle. Am I right?

Yes, I'm Michelle's father. I recently bought a Baur 320/6 in Lawrenceville which needs a couple of things done. I'll go by your shop next time I'm in Atlanta so you can check it out.

BTW, nice website!

HarryPR

BMWCCA #19290