• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SoCal Drives Posted.....Feedback!!

Ok, I've posted two 'Warm-Up' drives on the socalvintagebmw.com website as momentum events leading up to the meet in October. Probably be earlyish on a Sunday. Please give feedback here, via email or through the site. We want to do an OC drive to get the OC/SD guys in the mix, but we just don't know good routes there...Hwy 74? Input would be welcome, we're thinking first drive the 3rd or 4th weekend in June. Might do a picnic brunch in the Angeles Crest, just trying to get the dates and routes nailed down right now. Let your pals know! Thanks!

Jeff

Stay tuned for more of SoCal Vintage BMW
http://www.SoCalVintageBMW.com
BMW CCA Member #423513

Jeff, both drives are good, each has its positives. I'm just a bit partial to the Angeles Crest drive. I'm thinking there would be less traffic, and I really like the San Gabriel mountains, but of course there's a lot to be said for the ocean view!

Second and third weeks of June are probably bad for me, but I don't think there's a time that I could commit to from mid June thru mid July because of my son's graduation and vacation. But whatever, I'll do my best to squeeze it in!

John Capoccia

Sierra Madre, CA

Jeff,

Both drives are awesome. I'm in. I just hope that my 02 is ready by then.

As far as OC, we can do the drive that we did back in the cars and coffee meet OR if you want to go more south > Julian and Palomar mountain in San Diego seems to be the favorite among San Diegans down there.

Thanks

Hamada

70Bristol02 E36M3 E34535im

FYI ORTEGA HWY is down to one lane for Widening for the next few Months (in a small section). I just drove from OC to Temecula last week in a Mini and man it's rough in the Construction Zone. We had to wait about 20 minutes to be flagged through. IT'S NO BIG DEAL just need to schedule early A.M. on the weekend to avoid peak traffic. I hope to head up to the Valley and do one of the drives.

Keep ya posted.

1973 Verona 2002

Guest Anonymous
Jeff,

Thanks

Hamada

What happened to your car? or what are you doing to it?

Hope all is well.

Ross

Jeff,

Thanks

Hamada

What happened to your car? or what are you doing to it?

Hope all is well.

Ross

Hey Ross,

How are you man? Long Time!

Going to the dark side my man..

webers-1.jpg

in addition to that its getting the valve guide/seal issue fixed and dropping a hot cam with full IE exhaust and headers..just a little tune up :)

at least thats what the mrs thinks...

looking forward to see you at the drives

Hamada

70Bristol02 E36M3 E34535im

Going to the dark side my man..

in addition to that its getting the valve guide/seal issue fixed and dropping a hot cam with full IE exhaust and headers..just a little tune up :)

at least thats what the mrs thinks...

looking forward to see you at the drives

Hamada

Daaaammmnnn !!!! very nice, guess you wont need that other supercharged BMW anymore huh? I bet you'll be close to 500+ ponies when that little tune up is done. Not bad for a 4cyl. Can't wait to see it, or get a ride in it. Hope to have my car done soon and on the road.

Look forward to talking.